NBC Universal Partners With DISH Network to Expand Interactive Advertising Footprint

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and NEW YORK, May 20, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH), the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, and NBC Universal today announced an agreement to provide interactive trigger capabilities to NBC Universal's 14 television networks and 10 NBC owned-and-operated TV stations. DISH Network(r) subscribers who have a digital video recorder (DVR) will be able to use their remote controls to request more information from advertisers about their products or to receive coupons for various product discounts.
The announcement was made today by Michael Finn, Vice President of Advertising Sales for DISH Network, and Mike Pilot, President of Sales and Marketing for NBC Universal.
"Our agreement with DISH Network is part of NBCU's ongoing initiative to make television advertising more effective and provide better accountability for our clients' media investments," said Pilot. "With this deal, we're extending our ability to provide RFI capability to any commercial on any NBCU network -- an important step and a unique capability in the market as we work with our clients to better understand and adapt to the new ways consumers are watching television."
"Bringing the capabilities and national reach of DISH Network's interactive TV platform to the network level with NBC Universal brings national advertisers the scale and return-on-investment that they have been searching for," said Finn. "Inserting on-screen triggers in the full suite of NBCU networks allows viewers the ability to interact with an advertiser's brand and request more information -- a powerful proposition that we know to be valuable to both advertisers and viewers."
As part of the agreement, NBC Universal will offer the ability to purchase advertisements with interactive trigger capabilities as a way to enhance their campaigns on NBC broadcasts delivered through DISH Network's satellite service. The interactive triggers allow viewers to select an icon displayed during a commercial that will take them to a page to obtain more information about the advertiser. When finished, viewers are returned to their programming at the exact place they exited. The advertiser information page may contain details about a product, service or more. NBC will also be able to provide advertisers with detailed reports about viewer participation with DISH Network's interactive products. Both DISH Network and NBC Universal will also continue to work together to develop new interactive products to serve future clients.
DISH Network subscribers with DVRs are able to view this interactive functionality. DISH Network's latest award-winning HD DVR, the ViP722, is a dual-tuner receiver that can record up to 500 hours of programming, more than any other DVR on the market. The ViP722 operates two televisions, one in HD and the other in standard definition, allowing customers to view programming from the receiver in separate rooms at the same time.
About DISH Network Corporation
DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) provides more than 13.815 million satellite TV customers with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable companies for seven years running. DISH Network customers also enjoy access to a premier line of award-winning Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options, including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, and a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry. DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit DISH Network or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.
About NBC Universal
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and 20% owned by Vivendi.
This news release was distributed by PrimeNewswire, PrimeNewswire, Inc.
SOURCE: DISH Network Corporation

How the heck are we gonna get coupons out of this service?

I use the skip button , and yeah if something catches my eye I will watch the ad.

I think that this just does those "select for more info" icons that show up on programming. They used to do that with CNN in the past. When you press select it will take you to some Dish Home featured page.

I wouldn't suck so back if Dish Home didn't require the tuner to drop the channel you were watching and take a minute to load up.

You know it really won't be so bad, except it will take around 30-45 seconds for it to load. By that time I'll probably want to see what else is on another channel.

I like(d) the thing they have with CNN. Of course, now that we have CNN-HD I've never used it. I think they have/had one with ESPN too.

They've got something now for Papa Johns where you can order with your remote. However, because they won't deliver to my zipcode, it doesn't work...even though there's a Papa John's 20 minutes away that I could pick up from. (I live 20 minutes from everything, so this isn't a big deal.) They should have an option for pickup.

Don't feel bad, I have one in my city and the Papa Johns app claims I don't. Seeing as it's only one zip code here, it isn't because I'm 'not in the area'.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)