Nbchd Is On!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Turned on my Directv this morning and NBCDT was there. Very happy since it was one of the OTA ch's that I couldnt pick up no matter what I did. Thank You Directv.

did you have to do anything? I am Eligible for the NBC HD distant feed. Will it just be on or will I have to call and have D* turn it on?

thanks

If you live in a NBC O&O market, it should show up automatically. Now we need ABC to complete the package since Fox is about to happen in the near future.

Im in NY and it came up automatically. Didnt have to call them or anything. ABC is the only ch that Directv doesnt have now...but Im sure it will be along in no time. I really dont care about ABC since Im able to pull it in with no problem OTA.

Mine can up automatically too. I have the NY LA feeds (thanks to an FCC database error) and I checked it out this morning. It looked nice but I'll wait until primetime to pass judgement since I get about a 95% reliable signal via OTA.

Not to worry all, if you are in a top 30 market you will have LIL-HD by next season. I know we all want it now, but "you can't always get what you want."

I didn't get it I live in Philly area. I called D* and got some crazy story about it only being available to NY and LA people and they knew nothing about it being available to O & O areas. I have since sent them an email point to a page on their website that says its available for O & O since I can not get through on the phone.

I checked this morning and the channels were in my guides but there was a banner to call some number for activation. This was around 8:30.

I'm in the Hartford, CT. DMA with WVIT 30 as my local affiliate. They are in the list of NBC owned. Does this mean something got dropped at DirecTV and I need to call them?

OK I was told I could get it but the rep stated he couldn't do it so he has transfered me. I have been on hold for over an hour this is pissing me off.
:mad:

No NBC HD

minorthr said:
I didn't get it I live in Philly area. I called D* and got some crazy story about it only being available to NY and LA people and they knew nothing about it being available to O & O areas. I have since sent them an email point to a page on their website that says its available for O & O since I can not get through on the phone.

I too am in the Philly area and I am not getting it according to the Directv website at this link
http://www.directv.com/see/landing/nbc_hd.html I should get it . I still dont have CBS HD either and I called Dtv for a waiver over 45 days ago. Each time I call Dtv I get another answer and still no CBS or NBC HDTV. Its not fair what do I have to do to get it?! I pay for the HDTV package. I also just emailed them. HELP! :yikes
:usa
PS Minorthr do you get the CBS HD?

I did the waiver thing for CBS-HD and the local station ignored it, so after the 45 days was up it was turned on automatically.

This is awesome! Way to go D*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though just a couple of months ago I spent $200 on an OTA antenna and now I dont need it!?!?!

Uh wait a minute....just remembered why I bought it.....

Star Trek in HD on UPN

The season of trek better be good cause I got $200 invested in it.

This is the stupidest ish I've ever heard of! I live in northern Virginia, and a non-local station in Baltimore, which I have never been able to get, can dictate that I can't receive the local O&O affiliate in Washington, DC, because of a "prediction" of what my reception might be!

brainiac said:
This is the stupidest ish I've ever heard of! I live in northern Virginia, and a non-local station in Baltimore, which I have never been able to get, can dictate that I can't receive the local O&O affiliate in Washington, DC, because of a "prediction" of what my reception might be!

Hey, you live out there, go down to DC and b*tch to them since they passed the law. :D

Just watched Joey tonight in HD via Directv and it had some audio dropouts...and one video dropout that threw the audio out of sync. Only one show ...not counting Leno is in HD tonight on NBC.

Brainiac.....I have the same problem with my reception using an antenna. I have so
many ghost images I could start a haunted house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)