NBCSN Premier League Extra Time ever coming to Dish?

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Having access to the app is all fine and dandy but the TV package/service is being offered to Dish for free and we are nearing the end of two seasons without it being available to us. It's not even a bandwidth issue as there are no other sports airing between 10 AM and Noon ET.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In theory, there may be College Football in the Fall, but certainly not the number of HD sources required at night.

I'm with you though, I'd like to have access to it via the receiver. My personal setup at home allows me relatively easy access to the Live Extra online via a laptop to TV hookup.

Reactions: ibanez_ax
We all know Charlie is a damn good business man, and we know that he likes his money... If they were truly offering it for free, with no strings attached... that would be to attractive for him not to take. What I want to know is what are the other stipulations they are not announcing that has Charlie and the rest of the programming team walk away, as this could be good for international customers.

We all know Charlie is a damn good business man, and we know that he likes his money... If they were truly offering it for free, with no strings attached... that would be to attractive for him not to take. What I want to know is what are the other stipulations they are not announcing that has Charlie and the rest of the programming team walk away, as this could be good for international customers.
International customers? NBCSN only has the rights for the EPL in the US as far as I know. Regardless, I do wonder about the "catch". I remember NBCSN announced Dish was going to have Extra Time, so it really sucked when Dish actually didn't.

I do wonder if it is a dangling carrot and Dish doesn't want the carrot to bite later. Subs won't miss what they didn't get originally. And we still have access to Live Extra.

International customers? NBCSN only has the rights for the EPL in the US as far as I know. Regardless, I do wonder about the "catch". I remember NBCSN announced Dish was going to have Extra Time, so it really sucked when Dish actually didn't.

I do wonder if it is a dangling carrot and Dish doesn't want the carrot to bite later. Subs won't miss what they didn't get originally. And we still have access to Live Extra.
Yes, the international customers that want to watch soccer. It's the biggest sport in every country that is not the U.S., and all those international customers will have a reason to sub to both AT programming and international programming to get the games. It would be niche, but a gain. I still think the carrot is not as attractive as NBC is trying to make it look, by claiming "we are offering it for free". Nothing is ever free.

FYI, for those who do not already know, NBCSN launched a Roku app which operates like the online site, so you can access Live Extra via a Roku if you have one.

And my guess is if it ever does come to DISH it will be in their online package or add ons only.

It is finally here. However only in SD, check channel 875 - 880.

Come on Dish let's have the HD feed as well.

Looking at the 3 hour window that the two Extra Time games are on, there are only 3 RSN's that will have a HD broadcast during that window. 3 more RSN's start their HD broadcast 30 minutes after the Extra Time window is over. In the evening, it looks like during primetime, there are 19 RSN's in HD at the same time. So Dish has the bandwidth available during the morning to put the Extra Time games in HD :)

First the window should be two hours and I think it will become HD in the next few weeks. Just like BeIN took a while this will too, especially since they won't be able to test this particular case only once a week for a bit.

I do urge everyone interested to watch the SD stream so dish can see there are eyeballs asking for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)