NBCSN to shut down?

And, maybe somewhat related, DirecTV has moved the NBC owned Golf Channel down one package, now in the Choice package. De facto replacement for NBCSN in terms of how many sports channels are in that package.

Announced in relationship to the AWE/OAN changes, but I think it is more consumer complaints over the decreased sports value of the current base package.

Which brings up, if one is old enough, the demise of Satellite News Channel, an early attempt at a CNN clone. Red Ted bought it to shut it down, maybe 83 or so. Told the staff ahead of time, which is a big no-no in broadcasting. Late afternoon final broadcast turned into a sexually charged drunken party.

Another, more sad, one was the demise on the linear version of the Mountain West Network. Most of the talent were stringers and moonlighting reporters from local TV, but the main host was out of a job. Had what can only be described as a nervous breakdown on the final day. Later it was revealed he had serious mental issues and he got treatment.
SNC was really good, a shame Turner shut it down.

SNC was really good, a shame Turner shut it down.
It only existed maybe 2 years with almost no cable coverage..You must of been one of the lucky ones to actually watch it..if I remember right they used to have local coverage inserts

It only existed maybe 2 years with almost no cable coverage..You must of been one of the lucky ones to actually watch it..if I remember right they used to have local coverage inserts
I watched it on my c-band dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)