NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I am SO sick of people acting as if Florida already has a free pass to the title game.

They have to PLAY a game, yet the feeling I get is that Bama's supposed to be a "Welcome" Mat.

I agree here , although Florida is playing some good ball right now. Just because Alabama only beat someone by so much and Florida blew them out doesn't mean that Florida has won this game. I expect you will see a knock-down drag-out game. And i will go with Alabama winning .

the same is true for the Oklahoma / Missouri matchup ..... Oklahoma has looked unstoppable in the last few games and Missouri has struggled a bit. but Oklahoma has shown little defense in those last few games (and granted they were against some good offenses) but Missouri also has a good offense (when it clicks) and can throw up some points on the boards.

the key to both of these games will be who has the least amount of turnovers , which defense can capitalize on those turnovers and turn them into points.

I agree here , although Florida is playing some good ball right now. Just because Alabama only beat someone by so much and Florida blew them out doesn't mean that Florida has won this game. I expect you will see a knock-down drag-out game. And i will go with Alabama winning .

the same is true for the Oklahoma / Missouri matchup ..... Oklahoma has looked unstoppable in the last few games and Missouri has struggled a bit. but Oklahoma has shown little defense in those last few games (and granted they were against some good offenses) but Missouri also has a good offense (when it clicks) and can throw up some points on the boards.

the key to both of these games will be who has the least amount of turnovers , which defense can capitalize on those turnovers and turn them into points.

I hate the Gators and I hate ANY TEAM with O'Sabin Bin Lying. IT will be a little difficult to watch that game because I love college football. I wish I could go to MY immediate tie breaker, the ole "lesser of two evils"....but they are equally evil so the only thing I can hope for is some natural disaster just suck both teams up and swallow them.....:rolleyes:;)

As far as the Missouri/Oklahoma game...I hope Missouri wins because I acutally hate Oklahoma as much as I hate Alabama and Florida.

Either way, they should be very competitve games and fun to watch.:up

Your just mad because the Gators Stomped the U ;)

Noooo....ANYONE that lives in south Florida that is not a Gator Alumni HATE the Gators.

I wouldn't call it a stomping, we put a little fear in you guys where you needed a huge 4th quarter to win. Other than losing to Mississippi at home...we scared the pants out of you. Also, I am sure you guys are STILL smarting from that HUGE comeback ole Brock Berlin laid on you guys a couple of years ago. Or have we forgotten? For the record, Miami holds a 28-25 all-time lead in the series, and has won each of the past 6 meetings.

In his first home game as a Miami Hurricane, Berlin squared off against his old team, the Florida Gators. The 'Canes fell behind 33-10 in the third quarter and Berlin began to hear boos from the crowd as it appeared Miami's then-33 game regular season winning streak was about to end. Berlin, though, caught fire as the team switched to a shotgun offense and rallied Miami to 28 unanswered points. The 38-33 victory was the greatest comeback in Miami history. He also stoked the fires of the UF/Miami rivalry by mocking his former team and fans during and after the game

;)

The difference in this game will be the play of Tebow versus Wilson. Tebow is on a mission (no pun intended :)) and is playing like a wild man. That edge will give Florida the win in my opinion.

I say Alabama needs to grind it out and play keep away with Florida. If Tebow's stuck on the sidelines he can't hurt you. Alabama needs to do what the Giants did to the Patriots in the SB last year. If they can't control the ball and John Parker Wilson has one of his 7-20 for 100 yards passing games, Florida will stomp the Tide and win by 4 TD's.

UF, FSU, and UM, do any other states have 3 way rivalries? What about UCF and USF coming of age.. Florida could possibly in the next 5-10 years have 5 decent teams. I dont like UCF and USF coming up strong, it decreases the recruiting class for UF ;)

Plus florida has BCC and FAMU..

Ohio St has rivalries with Bowling Green, Ohio U, and Akron, at least those are the teams Tressell loads up the non conference schedule with. :D

UF, FSU, and UM, do any other states have 3 way rivalries? What about UCF and USF coming of age.. Florida could possibly in the next 5-10 years have 5 decent teams. I dont like UCF and USF coming up strong, it decreases the recruiting class for UF ;)

Plus florida has BCC and FAMU..
There are plenty of others. I just depends on what you define as a rivalry - just playing each other or actually being competitive with each other. USC, UCLA, and Cal seem to compete fairly well. When A&M is up (been a while), it's Texas, A&M, and TTech. I know there are others elsewhere, but I'm too lazy to research 'em.

Ohio St has rivalries with Bowling Green, Ohio U, and Akron, at least those are the teams Tressell loads up the non conference schedule with. :D

Actually Tressel has very little to do with the schedule.
He got Youngstown State, but that was just because thats where he was last.

Normally, your coaches don't do the scheduling.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3738795"]USC Trojans willing to forfeit timeout to wear home red against UCLA Bruins - ESPN[/ame]

Carroll said on Monday that the Trojans would wear their cardinal red home jerseys on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. That violates an NCAA rule that requires visiting teams to wear white, and the infraction will cost a timeout.

The Pac-10's interpretation of the team wearing the wrong colored jersey is that they are penalized a timeout at the start of the game. UCLA is taking USC's side in the dispute. The Bruins plan to call their own timeout immediately after USC is assessed that penalty at the start of the game to even it out.

The last time the Trojans and the Bruins both wore home jerseys -- the Trojans in red, the Bruins in blue and gold -- was in 1982, when the schools shared the Los Angeles Coliseum.

"I just thought it was a really cool tradition," Carroll said.

Reports: Texas Tech coach Leach travels to Washington

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach has met with Washington officials about the Huskies' soon-to-be vacant head coaching position, according to media reports in Texas and Seattle.

The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal and Seattle Times reported that according to sources, Leach met with Washington officials on Monday in Seattle.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3741224"]Texas Tech Red Raiders in talks with coach Mike Leach amid reports of meeting with Washington - ESPN[/ame]

Rivals message boards are busting with rumors that Tuberville has been fired from Auburn. If i find a link I will post it

I wouldn't be surprised. Wonder if he would make a good defensive coordinator in Baton Rouge? :)
At this point, I think its just a rumor. Some guy is saying that he heard it on a talk radio show. He also said most of the staff was gone. Who knows

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)