NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Turner Gill has brought respectability back to Buffalo. Congratulations Bulls. Sabres, enough with the referees. This is a huge step for this school. They deserve to celebrate their first ever MAC Championship.

Ball State, IMO, should file a complaint with the MAC or the NCAA about that awful officiating.

Oklahoma did it after the Oregon game a few years back; Ball State should do the same thing.

THIS is the MAC chammpion?

A team that finished behind three other teams in the conference and won a title virtually on the worst call I've ever seen.

Enjoy your tainted "title"- I hope they lose by 6 touchdowns in their bowl game!

A team that finished behind three other teams in the conference and won a title virtually on the worst call I've ever seen.
????????

Buffalo won thier side of the division ....
Missouri ended up winning thier division and was 2 games behind Ok, Texas and Tech ...

Jimbo

Enjoy your tainted "title"- I hope they lose by 6 touchdowns in their bowl game!

While you can claim bad calls halting drives, it was Ball State themselves who fumbled away the victory, not the refs. Buffalo played better tonight than Ball St. plain and simple. Give em' a break.

Ball St sucked anyway. Their best win was over a 3-9 Indiana team and they refused to play Boise St in the Humanitarian Bowl. Have fun in whatever crappy bowl game the MAC runner up goes to.

Ball St sucked anyway. Their best win was over a 3-9 Indiana team and they refused to play Boise St in the Humanitarian Bowl. Have fun in whatever crappy bowl game the MAC runner up goes to.

Anders, your such a putz.
Ball State is a small school that has had a great year.
I too would not want to go play a school that wants to play a HOME game for a bowl game ... Boise State, boy I bet the fans and players are thrilled to travel this year, all the way down the street.
As I have said before NO ONE should play a HOME game in a BOWL (Unless it's in a playoff ).

Boise State appeared to be afraid to play Ball State anywhere else ....

Ball State technically is tied into the Moter City and the GMAC bowl games, unfortunatly.

Jimbo

Gee, that must be your area thing, I just heard (read) last night here that someone in the Big 12 would NEVER root for another Big 12 team in a bowl game.

WHEN Ohio State won the championship the Big Ten did not stand up and say WE won, Northwestern did not win it , Illinois didn't win it , Penn State didn't win it ect.

Same goes for when the Bucks lost in the MNC games, why did it effect the whole Big Ten, many of them one thier games, even against the SEC.
Just because OSU lost, does not dimminish the rest of the conference that just one thier games.

It bugs me because if Florida wins, that does NOT mean that Alabama won the MNC , or Vanderbuilt or who ever, Florida wins, not all the other teams in the SEC.
Maybe it bugs me because there is such a biased attitude here that the SEC is above it all and could not possibly lose.

Jimbo

Whatever. No one on here has ever said their team won because another SEC team won. That's in your head because you can't get over the fact that it's been your team taking the ass kicking. :D

Last edited:
Good teams aren't afraid to play anyone. Only teams that have artificially good records are wimps. Playing Boise St would have been the ONE opportunity Ball St would have had to prove that they are legit. Instead they pussed out and then choked against Buffalo anyway. Now they get to live their dream of playing a 6-6 opponent in a bowl game.

Tulsa/East Carolina was another example of how turnovers can allow any morons to luck out

7 turnovers for Tulsa.

Then again, Tulsa would have gone to the Liberty Bowl had they won, and they'll go to the GMAC Bowl. Not much of a difference when you think about it.

Buffalo and East Carolina- living proof that any blind squirell can find a nut

Conference USA, like the MAC, has an UNWORTHY CHAMPION!

Hear that?

That's the sound of a nation yawning at another Virginia Tech BCS berth.

This team is offensively flawed and boring to watch.

The Hokies should be thankful they have a defensive genius in Bud Foster, because this is the most laughably bad offensive unit for a team that will play in a BCS game.

Good teams aren't afraid to play anyone. Only teams that have artificially good records are wimps. Playing Boise St would have been the ONE opportunity Ball St would have had to prove that they are legit. Instead they pussed out and then choked against Buffalo anyway. Now they get to live their dream of playing a 6-6 opponent in a bowl game.

I agree completely

I was checking SI.com's bowl schedule and affiliates with conferences, and I noticed something:

Liberty
Jan. 2, 5 p.m. (ESPN)Memphis, Tenn. SEC vs. CUSA No. 1

GMAC
Jan. 6, 8 p.m. (ESPN)Mobile, Ala. CUSA No. 2 vs. MAC No. 1/2 or WAC

According to that format, with East Carolina going to the Liberty Bowl and Buffalo having accepted a bid to the International Bowl, the GMAC Bowl could have a game between the Conference USA and MAC title game runners-up.

We could have a Ball State/Tulsa GMAC Bowl- now THAT would be entertaining!

Bill posted this picture of the Red Sox during the MLB playoffs, and I think it sums up the Hokies:

250px-Michaelmyers2007.JPG

Virginia Tech just keeps coming back to bore a nation to tears!

Whatever. No one on here has ever said their team won because another SEC team won. That's in your head because you can't get over the fact that it's been your team taking the ass kicking. :D

NO .....
I'm tired of the SEC fans that say WE Won when your team was NOT in the game, thats all.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)