NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Same goes for Ball State, they are automatically locked into either the Motor City or GMAC, I don't know why the media even reported this possibility.
What bowl game are they locked into anyways (Boise)?

Jimbo

Its not the same. Boise had already accepted. Ball State didnt. Based on what? The fact that it was on the home field of a team they didnt want to play, or so it appeared. Thats why I say Ball state looked weak, even before last night

Tebow will play in the NFL, some have said he's being scouted as an H back.
A team like the Steeler's will always have someone like Tebow on thier team, a player that has played QB earlier is very dangerous at the NFL level.
Hines Ward, Antwain Randel El come to mind. Kordell Stewart to some degree , actually started the Slash phase in the NFL.
Always good to have a rec. or back that can throw :up
As for Tebow actually playing QB in the NFL, maybe for the right team, but chances are he would rather play on a team that is not down on it's luck .... fortunatly he won't be a top 5 pick and may actually go to a good team.

Jimbo

Its not the same. Boise had already accepted. Ball State didnt. Based on what? The fact that it was on the home field of a team they didnt want to play, or so it appeared. Thats why I say Ball state looked weak, even before last night

Sure, it 's ideal to be invited to play at home every year, what a great trip for the deserving team and fans after a great season ... what a great reason to NOT go there for school.

Sure, it 's ideal to be invited to play at home every year, what a great trip for the deserving team and fans after a great season ... what a great reason to NOT go there for school.

I agree with you that teams shouldnt be at bowls played on their home field. No dispute about that at all. However that is how it is. Boise accepted. At that point they had no way to offer to play Ball State anywhere else. That is my understanding of what occured. Boise was already locked into a bowl. Ball State was invited to play in that bowl. They declined. It made them look weak, and as it turned out they had good reason. That was my whole point about this issue. Regardelss of what we think about bowls at home. Ball State should have accepted to make a good matchup (before last night anyway).

I agree with you that teams shouldnt be at bowls played on their home field. No dispute about that at all. However that is how it is. Boise accepted. At that point they had no way to offer to play Ball State anywhere else. That is my understanding of what occured. Boise was already locked into a bowl. Ball State was invited to play in that bowl. They declined. It made them look weak, and as it turned out they had good reason. That was my whole point about this issue. Regardelss of what we think about bowls at home. Ball State should have accepted to make a good matchup (before last night anyway).

Like I said before, the # 2 team in the MAC has a commitment to go to the GMAC bowl, it took along time for them to get the second bowl for the conference, they can't just say, screw the conference commitment, it would ruin the relationship with the GMAC for decades.
The MAC needs to keep these commitments for long term exposure.

I know msmith is disappointated in what happened to Bama, but let's be honest-

if you hooked him up to a lie detector and asked him if a recently so-so Alabama would go into December undefeated and go to a BCS game, would he say yes?

Considering how often Oklahoma scores, I feel sorry for the trumpet and tuba players who have to play "Boomer Sooner" a zillion times a game- they probably are out of breath!

I know msmith is disappointated in what happened to Bama, but let's be honest-

if you hooked him up to a lie detector and asked him if a recently so-so Alabama would go into December undefeated and go to a BCS game, would he say yes?

I wouldnt have to use the lie detecor. I would say no! I am pleasantly suprised. I have thought for a while we were ALMOST there, but I didnt expect it. I can admit that. That said, I still think we have as good of a TEAM (not players) as anyone.

Let's HOPE OKLAHOMA shows up for their BOWL game this year.
They have a record of NOT doing that in recent years.
Otherwise, it will be a blowout again.

Jimbo

Like I said before, the # 2 team in the MAC has a commitment to go to the GMAC bowl, it took along time for them to get the second bowl for the conference, they can't just say, screw the conference commitment, it would ruin the relationship with the GMAC for decades.

But werent they invited BEFORE they knew they were number 2? I am sure they were. So something is all out of whack somewhere. They declined before that commitment came into play

Let's HOPE OKLAHOMA shows up for their BOWL game this year.
They have a record of NOT doing that in recent years.
Otherwise, it will be a blowout again.

Florida better not take OU lightly.

The last time a speedy and fast Florida team faced a powerful team from the Midwest, this happened...

[youtube]2LHbZ3T4rzA[/youtube]

A quick look at the weather shows:
St. Louis 27*
KC 31*
San Antonio 46*
Houston 51*

So No where is exactly WARM. :)
St. Louis and San Antonio have domes. Houston has a retractable roof. The weather in those places doesn't matter. Inside it's 72.

GMAC might not exist in a couple of months. I wouldn't worry about a long term relationship with them.

GMAC might not exist in a couple of months. I wouldn't worry about a long term relationship with them.

The bowl game isnt going anywhere no matter what happens to GMAC. The city wont let it die. They sponsored it in the begining and did well.

Since OU's killing Mizzou, may I recommend swictching over to South Florida/West Virginia?

Look at all that snow in Morgantown! This is real college football weather!

The bowl game isnt going anywhere no matter what happens to GMAC. The city wont let it die. They sponsored it in the begining and did well.
Who in the world is clammoring for a matchup between a C-USA team and a MAC team? Hey kids let's pack up the car and go to Mobile for a mid major bowl game! You wonder why GM is going broke? Because they sponsor stupid things like this!

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)