NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

To anyone who didn't believe me when I said that USC's passing game was suspect and that their wideouts were not as good as Texas Tech's or Mizzou's, and that they did not deserve to be ranked so high after what they did to Virginia:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

BTW, this is ANOTHER case of 'hangover from big win.'

They followed up the Ohio State butt-kicking by laying an egg.

This removes all the shine from the Buckeye game.

Besides the SEC and BIG XII teams that profit from USC's loss, this also helps BYU. The MWC's "dominance" of the Pac-10 will help them in the BCS computers.

Look for USC to tumble to possibly as low as 15th.

Terrible loss for USC. Are we in for another crazy season where none of the favorites go unbeaten? If so this could open the door to a non BCS team, BYU, crashing the NC.

Can you say overrated? overhyped?

I think they MIGHT have been overrated...but do NOT underestimate how tough a conference road game can be. USC has lost 2 times in the last 2 or 3 years AT Oregon State. The Beavers KNOW USC alot better than Ohio State did. With that being said, they'll drop to about 8th or 9th in the standings. Also, let's not jump the gun TOO MUCH as far as WHO is gonna play in the NC at the end of the year. There is ALOT of football to be played. I would not be surprised to possibly see a BIG NAME school with 2 loses playing in the NC and a team like BYU, possibly running the table and be left out. BUT, then again, JUST because you go undefeated....does not give you the right for the NC game.

As my grandpapi use to say, "just because she looks good.....does not mean she IS "good".....";) If ya know what my mean.....:D

I agree they will drop in the rankings regardless if they win or lose, BUT IMO, they MUST win this game if they have any NC hopes at all. There's just too many good teams under them this year.

Way too early in the year to say ANYONE is out.
Remember losing early gives you time to get back into things.

The top teams in the SEC will have at least 1 loss by seasons end, some with 2.

The top seeds have always been a spot(s) for others to pick up their game.

Is it possible that USC had a 2 week hangover ?

Remember last year where everyone lost games late, expect the same this year.

Jimbo

Is that game in Louisville or Hartford?

If it's in Hartford field conditions will be awful!

Game is in Louisville.

Wow, SC really gagged. Couldn't happen to a better school (aside from maybe Dook) :)

Forget BYU - this opens the door for the Huskies. :)

Can Oregon St. make a game of it tonight, against the Trojans?

I say a big NO!! Trojans 43, Beavers 6

Does the Pope shite in the woods? ;)

USC 42, Oregon State 10

The Louisville/UConn game tomorrow night will be more interesting than this.

USC 46, Oregon State 12

You are being to kind!:D

MY predicted score:

USC 45 Oregon St 13

Wow, we're all in the same ballpark as far as final score goes. :up

Prognosticators we aint! :D

Will being ranked #1 be the kiss of death again this year?

Payback for Mike Riley. He always gets his team up for USC. Rumor is he was up for the USC job in 2000, but the Chargers wouldn't let him out of his contract. In a no class move, the Chargers fired him in 2001. Like anybody could have made Ryan Leaf a winning QB.

"... The search then moved to the San Diego Chargers coach Mike Riley, who had been an assistant coach at USC before later becoming the head coach of Oregon State. Stuck in contractual obligations to the Chargers (who were still in the midst of an NFL season) and hesitating about moving his family, Riley was unable to give a firm answer, opening an opportunity for Carroll, the school's fourth choice. ..."

Wikipedia

Game is in Louisville.

Wow, SC really gagged. Couldn't happen to a better school (aside from maybe Dook) :)

Forget BYU - this opens the door for the Huskies. :)

I highly doubt that UCONN will run the table. EVERY SINGLE tough game they have is on the road.

@Louisville
@ North Carolina
@ Rutgers
@ South Florida

9-3 season at best.....7-5 as your worst.

There are no gimme "most dominant teams" in college football, but every year after just a couple of wins over less than stellar opponents, Herbstreit, Muffburger, and ESPN are always in a hurry to place that title on USC. During the OSU/USC game they talked as if it was a done deal that USC would be in the BCSCG, and win it!

USC is no better or worse than many other teams, but every year some in the sports media act like USC is all there is. Last night proved them wrong again.

Wonder who Herb's next annointed team will be? ;)

USC will fall out of the top ten. Just remember, though, that last season's BCS championship game had a team with two losses. A team running the table is becoming a thing of the past.

After watching "Quiz" run allover USC last night, I can't help but think now, that what Jimbo said about a healthy Chris Wells making a big difference, being correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts