NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Oh OU was who I was hoping to win, look back I wanted Tech and Texas out, because I figured my gators and Bama would have a better shot at winning against OU ;)

Texas needs to become MIZZ fans real fast. Hope for the upset. Texas vs Bama or Texas vs FLA would be better then OU vs either. OU vs either would likly be a complete route of OU as they facesome of the nations best defense, and some very fast offense.

OU vs either would likly be a complete route of OU as they facesome of the nations best defense, and some very fast offense.

Or it could be a shootout.

Remember the last time Florida faced a midwestern team that was hyped up as having an unstoppable offense?

[youtube]XklhBw4fD1I[/youtube]

62-24

I dont understand though how Texas goes up after beating a 4-7 Texas AnM and FLA Drops a spot after beating #15 FSU at home?

Was that Nebreska? Dam they were bad ass during the mid 90s :)

Does this whole Oklahoma/Texas BCS brouhaha remind anyone of what happened with Miami and Florida State in 2000 (Canes beat FSU, but Seminoles play in title game, and lose to- irony of ironies- Oklahoma!)

Does this whole Oklahoma/Texas BCS brouhaha remind anyone of what happened with Miami and Florida State in 2000 (Canes beat FSU, but Seminoles play in title game, and lose to- irony of ironies- Oklahoma!)

Remember what was in 1996 when FSU Beat UF in regular play, but then UF beat FSU in the title game.

Kinda..but not really at present time. If OU wins out and gets the title shot, then I see your point.

The whole b12 tie-breaker is just that, a tie breaker for a 3-WAY tie in the conference. That is the part that matters.....not just comparing OU and Texas H2H, but Texas tech as well. Thats really the only justification I can see with OU going to KC.

It may need to be looked at again next week. Bama win and they are in, period. The same should be said for Florida.

Its after the B12 title game where voters are going to have to look at OU and Tex H2H. I think that is when you really have to look at H2H between the 2 schools.

Florida should be in if they win.......but is there a possiblity of a OU/Tex title game?

Would the computers give FL enough love to jump OU and/or Tex?

Winner of SEC title game should be in hands down IMO...but depending on how both title games play out, I am just wondering if it will play out that way.

The whole b12 tie-breaker is just that, a tie breaker for a 3-WAY tie in the conference. That is the part that matters.....not just comparing OU and Texas H2H, but Texas tech as well.

I am glad someone finally said this. Of course it had national title implications but this was a three way tie breaker and everyone kept throwing Tech out and making it an OU/Texas head to head decision. This was a decision for a Conference title involving 3 teams, it just so happens 2 of those teams are in National Title contention. I think they need to go to a point differential or something involving all 3 teams common opponents instead of allowing people from other conferences to make a decision for the Big 12.

ESPN now finally states that the SEC has two great teams, a couple of good teams, and not much else. Why did that take so long. After hearing that the SEC teams only lose because the conference is so strong top to bottom for almost four months, they finally started to look at the OOC games this year.

Even Sagarin has the SEC ranked as the third overall conference.

Florida beating Bama by 30? Hart, you must be smoking some pretty strong narcotics....but anyway, you can't run up the score when you're losing, so no criticism of Meyer and the "let's impress the moronic voters" mentality. Seriously, you need to learn what wins games and championships in college football before you start believing the misguided media hype. History shows the future. Maybe with a month off, your Gators can recover enough to win the Sugar Bowl.

And Oklahoma getting placed ahead of Texas is an atrocity. One dimensional teams without a defense will never win a championship. It'll be another BCS face plant for the Sooners, if they handle their business with Missouri. Which, the last couple of years, has been hard for most teams to do late in the season.

Florida beating Bama by 30? Hart, you must be smoking some pretty strong narcotics....but anyway, you can't run up the score when you're losing, so no criticism of Meyer and the "let's impress the moronic voters" mentality. Seriously, you need to learn what wins games and championships in college football before you start believing the misguided media hype. History shows the future. Maybe with a month off, your Gators can recover enough to win the Sugar Bowl.

20-6 vs Tulane
17-14 vs Kentucky
27-21 vs Lsu
41-30 vs Ga

I am impressed.

They won an actual national title 2 years ago, so I believe Florida knows how to do it. Your comment is comical, and shows your lack of knowledge.

I know when you lose next week and win the sugar, you guys will calim some bogus Tuscaloosa bang your sister times national title like usual.

12-0 is impressive, thanks for proving my point, Hart. But really, both of your national championships have been after having to beg for a chance to play for it. Remember '96, after losing to Florida State, and begging to play them again?? Remember how in '06, Meyer spent 2 weeks screaming at the top of his lungs about the BCS?? You're right, your 2 national championships against our 12 isn't relevant. Try going undefeated every once in a while, it helps not to have to rely on whining and crying to get into the championship games. But I digress. All of those scores that you so ardently point to were Bama victories. I wish I could say the same for the Gators....

12-0 is impressive, thanks for proving my point, Hart. But really, both of your national championships have been after having to beg for a chance to play for it. Remember '96, after losing to Florida State, and begging to play them again?? Remember how in '06, Meyer spent 2 weeks screaming at the top of his lungs about the BCS?? You're right, your 2 national championships against our 12 isn't relevant. Try going undefeated every once in a while, it helps not to have to rely on whining and crying to get into the championship games. But I digress. All of those scores that you so ardently point to were Bama victories. I wish I could say the same for the Gators....

You have 7, I knew you would throw the BS ones in there. And not have won one in 16 years.

This isn't whites only football, anymore, Florida's athletes will dominate Alabama Saturday.

And you have the audacity to bring up the '06 Gators, yet criticize Alabama for close games...? Circular logic is just dumb. In '06 your mighty Gators beat Tennessee by 1 point, lost to Auburn, beat Georgia by 7, beat Vanderbilt by 6, beat South Carolina by 1 on a blocked extra point and a blocked field goal as time expired, and beat Florida State by 7. Now, I'm sure you were saying that Florida wasn't really that good because of those close games that year, right? You were holding those close games against your team that year, correct? I mean, they only won those games by *gasp* a handful of points each time. Imagine that!

7?? You are ignorant. You must be from Florida, that inability to count might explain Meyer's need to run up scores....he doesn't know how many he needs. You do realize that split national titles count...they didn't take those polls because they had nothing better to do. And we aren't even including the ones in the 60's and 70's that Alabama was screwed out of. Yes, my little jealous Gator fan, the number is 12....for another 5 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts