NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

How is beating a team in overtime an indictment of a team? Who do you honestly believe LSU played harder? Who do you honestly believe LSU wanted to beat more? Alabama was on the road, against a team that is playing the number one team in the nation, who would pick that one game out of the entire season to win. Bama made as many mistakes in that first half as they could. Florida lost the game they made mistakes in. Every game is different. You can't judge which team is better by common opponents, or stats. There's reason that the number one team has lost so many times in the last couple of years. You get the best game from the opposition. And Bama beating Ole Miss doesn't mean we'll beat Florida. It's hard to win 12 games in a season. Focus has a lot to do with that.

The whole b12 tie-breaker is just that, a tie breaker for a 3-WAY tie in the conference. That is the part that matters.....not just comparing OU and Texas H2H, but Texas tech as well. Thats really the only justification I can see with OU going to KC.
If the Big XII tie-breaker were the same as the SEC, Texas would be going to the conference championship game. The SEC 3-way tie-breaker has the top ranked BCS team going UNLESS the 2nd ranked BCS team is within 5 spots of the top team, then it reverts back to head-to-head. I wonder if the Big XII will revisit this rule after the season.

How is beating a team in overtime an indictment of a team? Who do you honestly believe LSU played harder? Who do you honestly believe LSU wanted to beat more? Alabama was on the road, against a team that is playing the number one team in the nation, who would pick that one game out of the entire season to win. Bama made as many mistakes in that first half as they could. Florida lost the game they made mistakes in. Every game is different. You can't judge which team is better by common opponents, or stats. There's reason that the number one team has lost so many times in the last couple of years. You get the best game from the opposition. And Bama beating Ole Miss doesn't mean we'll beat Florida. It's hard to win 12 games in a season. Focus has a lot to do with that.

Compareing common opponents is the best way we have to compare two teams. Its not a sure fire method, but it is a good judge.

The good thing is unlike texas,ok,TT me and you get to have our answers settled on the field this saturday, and not rely on some poll. It will be fun :) If Bama does win, I will support them in the national title game no doubt. SEC is down this year but at least we can carry the national title :)

Harrell has pins, plates put in left hand; should be fine for bowl

Surprised this isn't getting more pub....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2641"]Texas Tech Football - Red Raiders News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - College Football - ESPN[/ame] quarterback [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160425"]Graham Harrell Stats, News, Photos - Texas Tech Red Raiders - NCAA College Football - ESPN[/ame] played with two shattered fingers on his non-throwing hand Saturday in the Red Raiders' victory over [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=239"]Baylor Football - Bears News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - College Football - ESPN[/ame], a source close to Harrell said Sunday night.

The source said Harrell underwent four hours of surgery Sunday on the pinkie and ring fingers on his left hand, with 17 pins and two plates inserted in his hand to heal nine separate breaks. Despite the extent of the injury, suffered in the second quarter, Harrell finished the game against the Bears and is expected to be fine for Tech's bowl game.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3736000"]Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell has pins, plates put in left hand; should be fine for bowl - ESPN[/ame]

Surprised this isn't getting more pub....

Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell played with two shattered fingers on his non-throwing hand Saturday in the Red Raiders' victory over Baylor, a source close to Harrell said Sunday night.

The source said Harrell underwent four hours of surgery Sunday on the pinkie and ring fingers on his left hand, with 17 pins and two plates inserted in his hand to heal nine separate breaks. Despite the extent of the injury, suffered in the second quarter, Harrell finished the game against the Bears and is expected to be fine for Tech's bowl game.

ESPN - Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell has pins, plates put in left hand; should be fine for bowl

The reason this story isn't getting much attention is because

A. Tech isn't playing for the Big 12 Title

B. Tech probably won't play again until late December/early January- that's five/six weeks away.

Two more things, BTW:

1. The fact that he kept playing and led a comeback win- this shows why I like this guy so much. HEART!!

2. Texas Tech, not Texas, should be an at-large. Tech BEAT the Longhorns! TECH'S GOING TO GET SCREWED!

The reason this story isn't getting much attention is because

A. Tech isn't playing for the Big 12 Title

B. Tech probably won't play again until late December/early January- that's five/six weeks away.

Two more things, BTW:

1. The fact that he kept playing and led a comeback win- this shows why I like this guy so much. HEART!!

2. Texas Tech, not Texas, should be an at-large. Tech BEAT the Longhorns! TECH'S GOING TO GET SCREWED!

I agree. Harrell pulled a Brady Quinn and played through broken fingers unlike Tony Romo. A lot of moxy by those two.

Texas Tech BEAT Texas, yet they'll be relegated to the Cotton Bowl.

EVERYBODY is feeling sorry for Texas, but the Longhorns getting a BCS game ahead of a team they LOST to is just not right.

Texas Tech should be a BCS at-large, NOT TEXAS!

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NCAA Football stats, scores, standings, and blogs from NCAA Football columnists

A few other poll thoughts ...
Too much love
Alabama: The Tide played great Saturday against Auburn. But this squad looked lackluster for a half against Mississippi State and all game against Kentucky and LSU. No way should these guys be as strong a No. 1 as they are.
Ball State: The Cardinals have nice skill players but no muscle up front and no speed on defense. Ball State should feel thankful there's no 16-team playoff because it would be exposed by an SEC or Big 12 foe in the first round.

Too little love
Texas Tech: Florida and Oklahoma got mulligans from their losses. Southern Cal and Penn State figure to meet in the Rose Bowl, and one-loss Texas harbors national title hopes. Yet the Red Raiders rank behind them all because of one bad night. What gives?

If the Big XII tie-breaker were the same as the SEC, Texas would be going to the conference championship game. The SEC 3-way tie-breaker has the top ranked BCS team going UNLESS the 2nd ranked BCS team is within 5 spots of the top team, then it reverts back to head-to-head. I wonder if the Big XII will revisit this rule after the season.

No Texas would not be going, because Texas Tech is also within 5 spots too. Still a 3-way tie.

No Texas would not be going, because Texas Tech is also within 5 spots too. Still a 3-way tie.
The SEC tiebreaker only takes the top two teams in the BCS if there is a three-way tie. Then it's head-to-head for those two. See rule 8. So under the SEC rules, Texas would be the representative in the conference championship game.

THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

1. (Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)
  2. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
  3. Record of the tied teams within the division.
  4. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
  5. Overall record vs. non-division teams.
  6. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
  7. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
  8. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

IMO, I think Texas Tech gets left out of the BCS and Ohio State gets the at-large.

This might be bitter and this might sound a little cocky, but I truly feel this way:

Jimbo, Sandra, HD- your Buckeyes are NOWHERE as good as Texas Tech.

I'd like to see THE Ohio State take a trip to Lubbock, where defenses go to die!

IMO, I think Texas Tech gets left out of the BCS and Ohio State gets the at-large.

This might be bitter and this might sound a little cocky, but I truly feel this way:

Jimbo, Sandra, HD- your Buckeyes are NOWHERE as good as Texas Tech.

I'd like to see THE Ohio State take a trip to Lubbock, where defenses go to die!

Conversely, I'd like to see Graham Harrell come to the 'Shoe. I have a feeling his other 3 fingers would shatter from nervousness in just thinking about all of the lore and history in that stadium in Columbus, while filled to the brim with 102,000+ fans in scarlet and gray screaming their asses off and chanting O-H.......I-O!!!! :eek: ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)