NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

semantics, I know what he's saying thou ....
So IF Oklahoma wins, Ohio State and Texas looks like a fit, wonder who the Bucks get if Oklahoma loses ?

Jimbo

If OU or USC loses I would bet that OSU falls to the Capital One Bowl vs Georgia.

If OU loses I see the Fiesta bowl being Missouri and Utah. If USC loses and OU wins it will be USC vs Texas.

With Florida in the MNC, Alabama probably goes to the Sugar Bowl.

Sugar or Orange Bowl. I am not sure which one normally gets the top SEC team. Whatever bowl that is will get the second SEC team since the first placed team will be in the NC game.

Yes. If OU loses, Texas could sneak in.

....But should they? Texas's whole argument over the B12 south tiebreaker was that they beat OU head to head so they should go (even though it was a 3way tie with Txtech).

So if OU loses, shouldn't Texas stick to their same standards and realize that Texas tech should go ahead of them based of H2H?

What would be their argument? Maybe that they are a hotter team, better body of work over the entire season, higher ranking, etc ? Kinda the same argument that OU made :)

If Texas is ok with them getting a title shot over a texas tech team they lost to, it would be hypocritical for them to argue about OU over the B12 tiebreaker.

Sugar or Orange Bowl. I am not sure which one normally gets the top SEC team. Whatever bowl that is will get the second SEC team since the first placed team will be in the NC game.
It will be the Sugar Bowl. The Orange Bowl gets the ACC Champ and the Sugar Bowl gets the SEC Champ. Since the SEC Champ will go to the NC the Sugar Bowl will take the loser of the SEC CG.

Loser is going to the Sugar bowl.....it is the natural spot for the SEC.

With the SEC champ more that likely in the NC title game, sugar will get a top 2 pick for their bowl.

I'm betting its either Bama or UF :)

It will be the Sugar Bowl. The Orange Bowl gets the ACC Champ and the Sugar Bowl gets the SEC Champ. Since the SEC Champ will go to the NC the Sugar Bowl will take the loser of the SEC CG.

Thanks. That is what I thought but I was not 100% sure.

....But should they? Texas's whole argument over the B12 south tiebreaker was that they beat OU head to head so they should go (even though it was a 3way tie with Txtech).

So if OU loses, shouldn't Texas stick to their same standards and realize that Texas tech should go ahead of them based of H2H?

What would be their argument? Maybe that they are a hotter team, better body of work over the entire season, higher ranking, etc ? Kinda the same argument that OU made :)

If Texas is ok with them getting a title shot over a texas tech team they lost to, it would be hypocritical for them to argue about OU over the B12 tiebreaker.

My personal opinion is that if OU loses in the B12 title game Texas or Texas Tech should not get a shot at the NC game. I feel that you should have to win your conference to get a title shot. My title game in this situation would be USC vs Bama or Florida.

Yes I agree ....

But, when an SEC team wins the MNC the entire conference acts as if THEY won the Championship, instead of the team that played in it.

Jimbo

That's a good thing. They know a win for one is a win for all in recognition for the conference.

My personal opinion is that if OU loses in the B12 title game Texas or Texas Tech should not get a shot at the NC game. I feel that you should have to win your conference to get a title shot. My title game in this situation would be USC vs Bama or Florida.

I understand your point about not winning your conference but I do think this would be one circumstance where Texas would be able to side in the minds of the voters because the tiebreaker senerio.

If winning your conference is a must in your eyes and others, that's fine.

So if OU loses, why USC?

Why not PSU?

-- USC's one good victory was against Ohio state at home....PSU beat them on the road. The one team (assuming USC beats UCLA) that USC lost to, OreSt, is the same team that PSU crushed earlier in the season. You can argue that OreSt is not the same team they were when they played PSU, but neither is Ohio State from when they played USC.

Why not Utah?

-- Utah's record is unblemished....USC with one loss. That loss....to a Ore St team that Utah beat! The MVC is 6-1 against the Pac-10 this year. Of all the years that a Non-BCS team deserved to go over a 1 loss BCS team, this is it!!!

Wouldn't they go by head-to-head matchup first?

The BCS has no H2H criteria, its just the top 2 ranked teams.

Now.....If texas and texas tech finished tied for 2nd in the final BCSrankings, then there is a H2H tiebreaker that would give the bid to Tech in the BS rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)