NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Florida's D is much better than most in the nation

SEC popgun attacks will do that.

I'm sorry, Jimbo, but the SEC has had too many pathetic offenses!

Florida's defense may look great statistically, but LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!

The Gators have not played one team with a decent offense all season.

SEC popgun attacks will do that.

I'm sorry, Jimbo, but the SEC has had too many pathetic offenses!

Florida's defense may look great statistically, but LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!

The Gators have not played one team with a decent offense all season.

I looked, and was surprised ... Not good.
Then again you can look at the other side of the ball, the Sooners have not played anyone in the Big 12 that can even SPELL DEFENSE .

60 points a game does NOT impress me.

Jimbo

Other than Florida, name an SEC team that can spell OFFENSE.

Florida scores 14 p/game more than Alabama, which is the second highest scoring team.
Defensivly, the two teams are equals.

Interestingly I found that there is virtually no difference between scoring against IN conference and out side of conference for these two reams ...
Hmmm, who did(n't) they play out of conference.

Jimbo

Why does the Sugar Bowl have to take Utah this year, when they had to take a lesser team last year in Hawaii? Shouldn't this balance out over the years? :confused:

From the BCS website:

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

Its the last one on why you will not see a Alabama/Texas matchup. Either the Sugar or Fiesta (which it would be the Sugar assuming FL is #2) would have to agree to take the lower bowl opponent.

So, If OU is #1 and Fl is #2........

Fiesta gets the first pick.....Look who is eligible:

Utah, Ohio state, Boise State, Cincinnati, and TCU. No Bama unless the Sugar allows it. No Texas tech cause of the 2 conf rule.

So if you are the Fiesta and want the best match up (and most bang for your buck), who would you pick?

So Fiesta will take OSU.

Sugar gets next pick....... with OSU being picked, they are stuck with only these choices: Utah or Cinn. (To take Texas, Fiesta would have to allow it; in which they would probably demand Bama in return :) )

Now....If the final BCS standings has FL at #1.....then we are looking at a BAMA/OSU match up. Highly doubt that sugar would take BSU or TCU after having Hawaii last year.

Last edited:
From the BSC website:

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

Its the last one on why you will not see a Alabama/Texas matchup. Either the Sugar or Fiesta (which it would be the Sugar assuming FL is #2) would have to agree to take the lower bowl opponent.

So, If OU is #1 and Fl is #2........

Fiesta gets the first pick.....Look who is eligible:

Utah, Ohio state, Boise State, Cincinnati, and TCU. No Bama unless the Sugar allows it. No Texas tech cause of the 2 conf rule.

So if you are the Fiesta and want the best match up (and most bang for your buck), who would you pick?

So Fiesta will take OSU.

Sugar gets next pick....... with OSU being picked, they are stuck with only these choices: Utah or Cinn. (To take Texas, Fiesta would have to allow it; in which they would probably demand Bama in return :) )

Now....If the final BCS standings has FL at #1.....then we are looking at a BAMA/OSU match up. Highly doubt that sugar would take BSU or TCU after having Hawaii last year.

Nice post Scott :)

I'm pretty certian that OSU will play Texas, have not seen anything about Bama yet.
Fiesta likes the Bucks, they pack the place, of course they would the Sugar as well, but they have a very good relationship with the Fiesta. Thatcounts as an At - Large team

Jimbo

OU just hit 60.
YIPPY

So scoring 60 points in a football game must be the new standard, eh.
That only means that your Defense SUCKS enough that you get the ball right back enough to SCORE 60 points.

Like I said before, a real coach would never allow his first string to be in the game a d scoring with a 30 point lead going in to the 4th quarter.

Many teams would be chastized for RUNNING UP THE SCORE, but not these guys ...
Their 3rd string running back ran into the line and past it 30 yards for the score that put them over 60. It's not like they're passing into the end zone, or running trick plays to score. They're just GOOD!

Why does having such a good offense mean that the other team has no defense? As far as the Sooners' defense, they've done a good job holding down Tech and Missouri. I make no apologies for them.

donnelly,

I have been hard on Oklahoma at times, but I have to support a fellow Big 12 team- also, can't stand the SEC always winning national titles.

Their 3rd string running back ran into the line and past it 30 yards for the score that put them over 60. It's not like they're passing into the end zone, or running trick plays to score. They're just GOOD!

Why does having such a good offense mean that the other team has no defense?

Still have the starting O Line and QB in there.
I have no problem if they scored 20 points to go over 60 with the second and thirds in there, they are entitiled to play hard too.
It's just when the Firsts are in there that late.
This game was actually over before half.

Jimbo

This game was actually over before half.

Jimbo
No chance I'm gonna let up on a Missouri or a Tech. They can score points in bunches. Remember what Tech did to Minnesota in their bowl? Came back from 31 points down in the 3rd quarter to win it.

donnelly,

I have been hard on Oklahoma at times, but I have to support a fellow Big 12 team- also, can't stand the SEC always winning national titles.
We need to get the Cotton Bowl back in the BCS mix. I hate playing Florida teams in Miami, and LSU in New Orleans.

No chance I'm gonna let up on a Missouri or a Tech. They can score points in bunches. Remember what Tech did to Minnesota in their bowl? Came back from 31 points down in the 3rd quarter to win it.

That is why I am a firm believer in the idea to just keep on scoring.

DO NOT LET YOU OPPONENT GET BACK IN!

When it went to 40+ -7 there was NO WAY they were coming back and you know it, it was just before the 4th started.

...BTW, Oklahoma looked mighty impressive against TCU and Cincinnati- and those are FAR better defenses than the Gators
Sabres, I know you don't drink alcohol, but you must smoke crack to post something this ridiculous.
laughing.gif

...I'm sorry, Jimbo, but the SEC has had too many pathetic offenses!...
Too bad for OU that they won't be facing them. They'll face one of the best offenses in college football in Tebow and Florida. It will also be one of the better defenses OU will face this year based on the what I've seen of Big12 Ds.

Other than Florida, name an SEC team that can spell OFFENSE.
Name any Big12 team that can even sign language DEFENSE!
scratch.gif

You're letting your hatred of the SEC affect your common sense. Besides, all this will be resolved on the field within the next month. OU/Florida is too difficult to call based on the different play of both conferences. To try and predict anything only sets one up to look foolish in hindsight.

Last edited:
...Name any Big12 team that can even sign language DEFENSE! ... OU/Florida is too difficult to call based on the different play of both conferences. To try and predict anything only sets one up to look foolish in hindsight.
Guess you weren't watching when OU shut down Missouri and Texas Tech.

But I'm with you, OU/Florida is a new, never before seen species. Trying to predict the outcome is pointless. You might as well go to a palm reader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)