Ncaa hoops PQ

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Glad I still have an antenna. The picture quality dish CBS, TNT, TBS and TRU are awful compared to CBS OTA. Just sad how low of a priority a good quality picture has become. I'm watching on 75inch TV but still.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWS44
I had Tru on at work on Friday via Time Warner (now Insight). It looked AWFUL. OTA will give you better PQ 95%+ of the time.
I bounced back and forth on CBS today this afternoon and could see no difference on my 65".

The games from Tulsa were on tru. I watched some on Cox and they looked as good or better than KOTV OTA. Looked as good as they did when I was sitting in the arena. I just had more leg room at home in my recliner. The green sidelines blended right in with Baylors neon green uniforms.

The games from Tulsa were on tru. I watched some on Cox and they looked as good or better than KOTV OTA. Looked as good as they did when I was sitting in the arena. I just had more leg room at home in my recliner. The green sidelines blended right in with Baylors neon green uniforms.
I noticed KOTV has three subchannels (total of four channels), at least according to their online program guide. I wonder how bit starved they're making CBS to fit the other channels in.

Our local CBS affiliate had horrible PQ both OTA and on Dish during the WVU-Notre Dame game. Picture would become briefly clear and then get blurry (pixilating) until they finally lost the feed for the final three minutes of the game!

I noticed KOTV has three subchannels (total of four channels), at least according to their online program guide. I wonder how bit starved they're making CBS to fit the other channels in.

Only 2 subchannels. 3 total. I don't have my HD homerun connected anymore to look at the bitrates. It used to be around 12.5-13M for the main .1 CBS feed. The .2 CW subchannel was 2.5-3M , as they simulcast sister station KQCW on a repeater station for areas they claim to the North in Kansas that can't receive KQCW's signal, as the KQCW transmitter is further south than KOTV's. the .3 is just a 24/7 newscast loop and was 2-2.5M

Only 2 subchannels. 3 total. I don't have my HD homerun connected anymore to look at the bitrates. It used to be around 12.5-13M for the main .1 CBS feed. The .2 CW subchannel was 2.5-3M , as they simulcast sister station KQCW on a repeater station for areas they claim to the North in Kansas that can't receive KQCW's signal, as the KQCW transmitter is further south than KOTV's. the .3 is just a 24/7 newscast loop and was 2-2.5M
Thanks. I know 3 channels total isn't unusual. When I saw a fourth listed, I wondered how they were splitting the bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)