NCAA Tournament "First Round"

You know, with all networks owning multiple TV networks there is absolutely no reason that all games can't be live.
CBS also owns/controls CW so there are two broadcast networks, plus multiple viacomm-owned basic cable channels. Have "the big game" on CBS, then part out the "minor" games. Swap them out if you are working on a blow-out.

This is what NBC does with Olympics coverage. Why can't CBS do the same?

While I agree with you, I doubt CBS wants the headache of getting flooding by millions of hormonal teenage girls who can't watch Vampire Diaries, Beauty and the Beast and Hart in Dixie.

Lets say for arguments sake, they do the whip-around coverage.
I'm done arguing. The bolded part I made trumps you. But for fun I'll rebold it and post

The current contract runs through 2024 and, for the first time in history, provides for the nationwide broadcast each year of all games of the tournament.

As for the whole TruTV thing (some areas not getting it) after the Goofers game tonight its a moot point as TruTV is done with the games

You know, with all networks owning multiple TV networks there is absolutely no reason that all games can't be live.
they are

CBS also owns/controls CW so there are two broadcast networks, plus multiple viacomm-owned basic cable channels. Have "the big game" on CBS, then part out the "minor" games. Swap them out if you are working on a blow-out.

I'm confused. CBS has all the games live nationwide. No need to change over because who technically doesnt get changed over? Example is this
I'm sure lots of Minnesota people want to see Wisconsin (or maybe any big 10 team) and South Dakota State. So if the game gets out of hand (what constitutes a blowout?) then they'd change us in Minneapolis which would piss folks off. That was always the issue previously. The network "chose" which game we had to see. Now we can choose.

As for CW I see issues. What about those markets that only show CW during their 2 hour block? Or tape delay it (yes there are markets that still do that)
I'm sure there are maybe a handful of CBS stations that arent in HD (I can think of a few off the top of my head...maybe 10 or so). How many CW stations are carried in HD OTA? Betcha half...maybe

As for CW I see issues. What about those markets that only show CW during their 2 hour block? Or tape delay it (yes there are markets that still do that)
I'm sure there are maybe a handful of CBS stations that arent in HD (I can think of a few off the top of my head...maybe 10 or so). How many CW stations are carried in HD OTA? Betcha half...maybe

Which is probably why Tru TV is the fourth network carrying the tournament and not CBS Sports Network. I don't get CBSSN in HD, but I do get Tru in HD. That's the reason I couldn't watch any A-10 or C-USA tourney games last week...........I can't do SD!!

I think one thing we could all agree on is that Thursday and Friday was THE FIRST ROUND!!! None of this 2nd round and 3rd round stuff.

I think one thing we could all agree on is that Thursday and Friday was THE FIRST ROUND!!! None of this 2nd round and 3rd round stuff.

Thursday and Friday did have the best games but yesterday had good games also :)

nah it was the 2nd and 3rd round. No different than conference tourneys where you have byes and double byes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)