NCIS

Was this the final episode? It was only supposed to be the final for Tony but they ended several characters.
Purnell is paralyzed, Ziva is dead. Cort is definitely full of lead, Tony is a single parent. And Bishop lives on.

I think I'll call this a lousy episode it left a bad taste instead of wanting for next falls continuing story.

Was this the final episode? It was only supposed to be the final for Tony but they ended several characters.
Purnell is paralyzed, Ziva is dead. Cort is definitely full of lead, Tony is a single parent. And Bishop lives on.

I think I'll call this a lousy episode it left a bad taste instead of wanting for next falls continuing story.
The only character that I wanted to get a bullet to the head ,still lives on???? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:imshocked

Sad to see him leave. The cast will change and the show will go on, at least for a bit, but it will have lost something it can't replace, IMHO. Bishop took it down 2 notches and Tony's departure will take it down at least 2 more. The two new charactors intoduced in the final couple of episodes are nothing special so I really hope those are not the additions they're are counting on to help carry the show. They need someone with a real, fiesty, personality like Sonya (Shalita Grant) on NCIS NO.

IF the show doesn't take it back up a few notches , it may just continue to circle the bottom till eventual cancellation. Gibbs is getting a little long in the tooth and his crew is getting up in age also. If the new recruit that comes in to replace Tony isn't someone spectacular , this will just bring the show further down. It has had a glum mood to the show most of the season and I miss the flirty banter they used to have with Tony , Kate and then Ziva and thank merciful GOD, never with Bishop. That gave the show a fun side to balance out the Gloominess that is BISHOP. We can always hope that they reboot the cast entirely next season and say Bishop transferred to another department or job somewhere else and bring in new "probees" to replace both of them next season. McGee would be the seasoned Nerd that could train the new "probees." Imagine Gibbs would be slapping some heads next season , so much so, it might turn into the Three Stooges. :stooges

Reactions: Annie61
IF the show doesn't take it back up a few notches , it may just continue to circle the bottom till eventual cancellation. Gibbs is getting a little long in the tooth and his crew is getting up in age also. If the new recruit that comes in to replace Tony isn't someone spectacular , this will just bring the show further down. It has had a glum mood to the show most of the season and I miss the flirty banter they used to have with Tony , Kate and then Ziva and thank merciful GOD, never with Bishop. That gave the show a fun side to balance out the Gloominess that is BISHOP. We can always hope that they reboot the cast entirely next season and say Bishop transferred to another department or job somewhere else and bring in new "probees" to replace both of them next season. McGee would be the seasoned Nerd that could train the new "probees." Imagine Gibbs would be slapping some heads next season , so much so, it might turn into the Three Stooges. :stooges
AGREE WITH YOU even McGee's character seems depressed.

Ending gets no better than a C. The soap operish "she was pregnant when you split up" is unrealistic. And it did not explain why the character left. So a guy finds out he has a kid. And his ex-girlfriend who he has not seen in 4 or so years is dead. And? So a 40 something guy just quits a federal civil service job to be a single dad? Really? What is he going to do, apply for food stamps?

In the longest run, the show is just geting old and repetitive. Not that they cannot drag it out for as long as MH wants to work, but they really need at least one solid new character, if not two.

Ending gets no better than a C. The soap operish "she was pregnant when you split up" is unrealistic. And it did not explain why the character left. So a guy finds out he has a kid. And his ex-girlfriend who he has not seen in 4 or so years is dead. And? So a 40 something guy just quits a federal civil service job to be a single dad? Really? What is he going to do, apply for food stamps?

In the longest run, the show is just geting old and repetitive. Not that they cannot drag it out for as long as MH wants to work, but they really need at least one solid new character, if not two.

Agree with what you are saying. The first thing I asked was how was Tony going to make a living after he quits his job to support himself, daughter and his dad. Bring in a new crew of probees and make the show a younger focus. But this is CBS and they tend to play to a much older audience. So I wouldn't be surprised if they brought even an older guy in to replace Tony. Don't want to scare the elderly with too much change at one time. Besides it would make Gibbs even older looking in comparison if they did bring in some much younger people. They already have the camera out of focus anytime they show Gibbs . Most of his interaction is between characters to the side or behind them ,or across from them. Don't want to many closeups with younger people ,unless it is a hot girl.

It's supposed to be based on his earlier career as a trial consultant. I think the problem Weatherly is going to have is the shadow of Tony following him around. Be very difficult, if not impossible, to see him in a new role and not visualize Dinozzo. As many have done before him on other shows, he waited too long to leave. Either move on early or ride it to the end, which is what I thought he should have done.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It's supposed to be based on his earlier career as a trial consultant. I think the problem Weatherly is going to have is the shadow of Tony following him around. Be very difficult, if not impossible, to see him in a new role and not visualize Dinozzo. As many have done before him on other shows, he waited too long to leave. Either move on early or ride it to the end, which is what I thought he should have done.
That, or wait several years before starting a new show.

Very few people make a successful move from a long running show directly to a new show right away.