Need a cheap plan: Tampa Bay

hendrickx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I've got RR 10 Meg for $44.95 a month with free limited basic cable on a DTV conversion promo that expires mid February. I want to keep locals (NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC and Bay News 9) -- Ideally I'd like to add ESPN/Discovery but it's not part of the limited basic.

Is there a new promo I can get on that's $30 or under for Digital? Is there any promo for keeping what I have? Sales has been less than helpful, but finances have not improved much. The $16.95 a month for keeping what I have seems expensive for not much content.

Thanks for the help!

I refuse to pay $60 a month for the two or three channels I watch. I'll probably drop to internet-only for a month, and they'll decide to offer me really chap basic cable again. The only station I'll actually miss is BayNews9, everything else I can get via internet.

hendrickx, can you possibly put up an antenna of some sort and go to over-the-air (OTA) service?

1 - green vhf
9 - red uhf
2 - blue uhf

All within 9 degrees of each other (202 to 211), 12.4 mi to 14 mi away.

Yeah, It's possible, but I might have some issues getting to the necessary wiring, cathedral ceilings. I'd also have to position the antenna on the opposite side of the house from where the old small dish is on the roof to get the peak of the roof to stay out of the way.

In all honesty I'd rather meet brighthouse in the middle for a year or two, and ease into paying $60 more a year. bump me up $30 this year, drop a digital box here, then in 12 months, go up another $15-20, then in 6 months, go full price.

Did it. Combo rate with dropping netflix and dropping 15 meg internet speed got me to raise $40/month with the digital service. Wil be done in time for the start of Nascar season. Thanks for the advice, back to lurking.

Here's an alternative...just not one you can implement right away. Next time you buy a TV, get one with QAM tuner as a feature. Hook it up to an outlet. All the locals, SD, HD and some of the government channels...and the occasional slip up a free premium, movie on demand or regular cable channel while it sneaks through. No extra fees beyond your RR as-is.

???

Your bill was raised $40?

That's how I pitched it to the wife:

Up about $60, but down $10 since I dropped from 15meg to 10 meg RR and we're saving $8.99 a month by dropping netflix.

Since BH had no HD boxes, I got a DVR free for a month. She's hooked on that and already said we can keep it. yay!

I was just keying on the reduction in internet service and was confused that resulted in a raise. guess you increased other services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts