Need a Dish HD Programming Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
Right now, the Satellite & CableTV HD Programming Discussion forum is too "far" from the Dish Network forums and only the nerdier guys who are really looking for the discussion find it.

Nevertheless, a majority of the discussion is Dish Network-centric, because it is generally about Voom channels (since it is still true that most HD channels are Voom channels).

I find that the people who post in the 3 Dish Network Forums are generally ignorant of what programming is available on HD, because the HD Programming Forum is so "far" (in the list of forums here).

SO, I propose/suggest a Dish Network HD Programming Discussion forum that would be a sub-forum of the Dish Network Forum.

With more HD channels coming this year, and two MPEG4 satellites being launched, it should get a lot more traffic than the very sleepy "Satellite & Cable TV HD" forum.

Of course, the existing forum should remain for those who have Comcast, etc.

I agree with dfergie. The Satellite and CableTV HD Forum is more than just Voom. Plus, the programming forums are not Dish-centric. They are for all of our users.

And, I wouldn't say that the forum is "sleepy." We provide monthly schedules for premium and HD-only channels, and discuss those that people want to.

Just scroll down the site a bit, and join in the discussions. :)

If we had the number of forums some have suggested or "split" everything there might only be 1 or 2 posts a day in each... look at some of the HD forums out there... plus there might be 3-5 threads on the same subject... say a Big fight comes up like DeLaHoya vs Mayweather etc with just a few posts in each seperate thread, the way we are doijng it now, everyone can join in on the discussion.

In the 622 thread, A suggestion was made. Why not keep 3, but change the setup:

1) Gen Disc

2) Dish Programming

3) Technical(all hardware/installation)

I still think the fact that there is a technical forum but the 622 issues go in the HD forum is confusing.

I do agree however that adding forums is bad. AVS is a nightmare and DBS is close.

I was suggesting adding a Forum to increase the number of posts.

The main problem is that the Satellite & Cable HD Programming Forum is too far from the Dish Network Forum in the lists of Forums.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of SatelliteGuys members who have E* HD receivers do not even know the Forum exists.

Perhaps what is needed is something akin to "Shortcuts" in Windows, ie a Forum under The Dish Network Forum that is HD Programming, but is just a "pointer" or "link" to the existing Forum. Does VB support that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts