Need a Dish HD Programming Forum

Status
kstuart

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
Right now, the Satellite & CableTV HD Programming Discussion forum is too "far" from the Dish Network forums and only the nerdier guys who are really looking for the discussion find it.

Nevertheless, a majority of the discussion is Dish Network-centric, because it is generally about Voom channels (since it is still true that most HD channels are Voom channels).

I find that the people who post in the 3 Dish Network Forums are generally ignorant of what programming is available on HD, because the HD Programming Forum is so "far" (in the list of forums here).

SO, I propose/suggest a Dish Network HD Programming Discussion forum that would be a sub-forum of the Dish Network Forum.

With more HD channels coming this year, and two MPEG4 satellites being launched, it should get a lot more traffic than the very sleepy "Satellite & Cable TV HD" forum.

Of course, the existing forum should remain for those who have Comcast, etc.

dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I agree with dfergie. The Satellite and CableTV HD Forum is more than just Voom. Plus, the programming forums are not Dish-centric. They are for all of our users.

And, I wouldn't say that the forum is "sleepy." We provide monthly schedules for premium and HD-only channels, and discuss those that people want to.

Just scroll down the site a bit, and join in the discussions. :)

dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
If we had the number of forums some have suggested or "split" everything there might only be 1 or 2 posts a day in each... look at some of the HD forums out there... plus there might be 3-5 threads on the same subject... say a Big fight comes up like DeLaHoya vs Mayweather etc with just a few posts in each seperate thread, the way we are doijng it now, everyone can join in on the discussion.

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
In the 622 thread, A suggestion was made. Why not keep 3, but change the setup:

1) Gen Disc

2) Dish Programming

3) Technical(all hardware/installation)

I still think the fact that there is a technical forum but the 622 issues go in the HD forum is confusing.

I do agree however that adding forums is bad. AVS is a nightmare and DBS is close.

kstuart

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I was suggesting adding a Forum to increase the number of posts.

The main problem is that the Satellite & Cable HD Programming Forum is too far from the Dish Network Forum in the lists of Forums.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of SatelliteGuys members who have E* HD receivers do not even know the Forum exists.

Perhaps what is needed is something akin to "Shortcuts" in Windows, ie a Forum under The Dish Network Forum that is HD Programming, but is just a "pointer" or "link" to the existing Forum. Does VB support that ?

Status