Need a Meter for Slimline install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

capric621@yahoo.com

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I am going to be installing my slimline dish next week and I need a meter to do it with. I am not looking to spend a ton of money, just like 10 to 30 bucks. I know it won't get me everything like the fine tuning but it 's not worth the 250 bucks to install one satellite. Can someone give me ideas on which websites and which meters I should look at?

For a $10 meter, you're better off to use the on-screen guide. The $10 meter will allow you to tune the 101 satellite, I think but that's it.

I tuned mine using the 103 sat and the receivers meter, and the other sats all fell in place after peaking 103. Everything 88+, most in 90s.

I upgraded myself a few months ago and went the $10 meter route. A few frustrating hours later I ordered the accutrac22. The $100 purchase was well worth the 20 minutes it took to align the sat correctly. The $10 meter had gotten me through several moves and re-installs of the round dishes, but didn't do much for the slimline. I didn't try the onscreen way.

Can get it fairly cheap off of eBay.

I looked at the Accutrac22 product specs, they didn't say anything about slimline dishes, will this unit work for them? Thanks.

With every Slimline install I have done, I just tuned the 101 then everything else fell into play. I must have been lucky. I always used the on screen guide myself.

That will probably handle just about any situation (including SWM), but did you see the price?

The Accutrac 22 won't detect the Ka signals, but using the dither method it is possible to align it correctly. If the 103(c) signal levels are below 85 or so, it shouldn't take much of an adjustment to bring them up.

I had Directv supply and install the dish. It was free and I figured I could correct any problems myself (which wasn't necessary).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts