Need a smaller FTA satellite receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom001001

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I want to have a FTA satellite receiver with smaller dimensions. Does anyone knows FTA satellite receivers with smaller size? Thanks!:confused:

Yep. Most are about the size of a big phone book or small dvd player.

I do have a dvb world box on my computer. It's a little bigger than the size of a pack of cigarettes or deck of cards... They make pci cards too... Of course, this sort of thing requires a computer, which you could argue takes up more space... but not if you already have one and it's hooked up and stuff.

DVB cards and usb boxes are nice because they can work like pvrs... so they are more or less like a poor man's tivo/dvd recorder.

I don't have any currently. I want to have one with dimensions about 9''x2''x7'' or even smaller. Is there any on the market? What is the model? Thanks!

My dreambox dm500s' are approx 8"X2"x5" (just eyeing one laying on a piece of notebook paper since I don't have anything to measure with right here with me)

these don't qualify . . .

I want to have one with dimensions about 9''x2''x7'' or even smaller.
Picky bugger. Make room ! :cool:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][B]receiver      High    Wide     Deep[/B] + rear connectors
Visionsat     2 3/8   10 1/4   8 1/4
Satpros       1 7/8   10 1/4   8 1/4
Mercury       2 1/2   11 3/4   8 1/2
[/FONT]
edit: Dreambox 500s is: Dimensions: 196 x 130 x 40mm

Thanks. Dreambox dm500s is good. Is there any else?

I have a couple of units that are about what you are looking for in size. These are new receivers (Factory demo units) that are not branded yet.

Both are a high performance units and I will be happy to sell you one of these if you wish.

Main Features:
  • BLIND Search
  • DiSEqC 1.2, and USALS
  • High gain tuner.

I have a couple of units that are about what you are looking for in size. These are new receivers (Factory demo units) that are not branded yet.

Both are a high performance units and I will be happy to sell you one of these if you wish.

Main Features:
  • BLIND Search
  • DiSEqC 1.2, and USALS
  • High gain tuner.
Thanks! what are the dimensions and specifications?:eek:

Main Features:
  • BLIND Search
  • DiSEqC 1.2, and USALS
  • High gain tuner.
What is the price? Is it included the remote control, user manual and other stuff? Thanks!:eek:

I would send Sadoun a PM since he will know what you are talking about, I don't thing the customer service will be able to sell the demo units.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)