need a sprint phone

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
the other thread wasn't much help, so here I am. Not getting an Evo, too pricey and not in stock. Any other recommendations?

Is the Curve 8530 a good choice? Do you know if its compatible with D* ST To Go and the DVR programming?

If you are interested in a Sprint Blackberry I have both an 8530 and the Tour that are for sale. Both have been used only since April.

Get a TP2 .. still a nice phone, and u can run Froyo 2.2 off the SD card

Get a TP2 .. still a nice phone, and u can run Froyo 2.2 off the SD card
What is the TP2? Touch Pro? Thats a Windows Mobile phone i thought.

Is there a big difference between the Tour/Bold/Curve?

I'm considering A Samsung Moment, the Interception is newer, but I think the Moment is better ...

I think.

Anyone ever use either of them ?

Something else to consider. I'm not sure if this applies to Sprint, but a Verizon customer with a blackberry told me his wifi ready BB connected through his wireless router allowed him to make unlimited calls without using any minutes. If this can be done with Sprint I am definitely upgrading my BB to 1 that is wifi capable. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Something else to consider. I'm not sure if this applies to Sprint, but a Verizon customer with a blackberry told me his wifi ready BB connected through his wireless router allowed him to make unlimited calls without using any minutes. If this can be done with Sprint I am definitely upgrading my BB to 1 that is wifi capable. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.
if you have a data plan and skype i believe you can do it on sprint. they advertise it with droid for sure

No sure about Sprint, but I know on T-Mobile, you can do that on any phone that is WIFI capable. I do it on my Myt\Touch Slide at home. It automatically grabs my network when I am at home and I get free calling from home.

I think I'm pretty much sold on the 8530. Unless something goes on sale between now and the 14th, it is pretty much a done deal. Now I just need to pick a color

don't wanna double post, but I have another question. How often does Sprint cut prices on devices? I wouldn't mind getting something nicer than the 8530, but they want $200 for the Bold - same price as an Evo. No way am I paying that

The Htc Hero is a good one, the only down side 2 this phone is the battery life. I got that phone at The Shack ( Radio shack) for 49.99 plus tax, with a contract, no rebate required.

I think I'm pretty much sold on the 8530. Unless something goes on sale between now and the 14th, it is pretty much a done deal. Now I just need to pick a color

I strongly recommended the Bold over the 8530. Here is the main differences, Memory, 3.2MP with Flash Camera, and 3G. The 8530 is 2MP no Flash and not 3G.

The 8530 is actually 3G. In the end I got a Pixi though, and I need to replace it tomorrow because it has a bad N key and annoying green dead pixel

Droid Life interviews the God of Custom Roms

frontier email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)