need a tv tuner software

himat408

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
bay area
i got a hauppauge 1950 and finally got it hooked up to my dish receiver. the wintv software that comes with it isn't that good. i need a software that can give me good quality recording in avi. wintv took up way too much space and the videos were real choppy and laggy. windvr wont work beyodtv wont work gbpvr wont work AVS video capture dont work sagetv dont work. any good software, i;m having a bad experience with video capture devices.

Many other posts you have made indicate that you have a 722. This is a DVR unless I am mistaken. If so, problem solved as it does a fine job. Maybe this is not the forum to help you do what you might be trying to do. Just a thought.
:rolleyes:

Well, that's a disappointing report.
the wintv software that comes with it isn't that good... wintv took up way too much space and the videos were real choppy and laggy.
Your Hauppage has hardware mpeg2 encoders, and I presume (since it has an ATSC tuner as well) that it records or displays HD video using mpeg2 compression. If playback is choppy using WinTV, then I imagine there is something wrong. Either your USB port is not running at high speed, or your PC isn't fast enough to keep up with HD mpeg2 decompression. Does it satisfy the system requirements published by Hauppage? How well does it work playing back SD video sources?

As far as taking up space is concerned, you can always transcode the mpeg2 video into mpeg4. Transcoding will not happen in real time, or anything close to it. But I batch up a number of videos and let my aging PC crunch away overnight for this task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts