Status
Please reply by conversation.

efbrune

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 23, 2004
Indianapolis
I have a HR23-700 connected to a slimline 5 and starting to lose LOS to 119. Is it possible to swap out the slimeline 5 LNB with a slimline 3 LNB? If so, where can I purchase a slimline 3 LNB?

I have a HR23-700 connected to a slimline 5 and starting to lose LOS to 119. Is it possible to swap out the slimeline 5 LNB with a slimline 3 LNB? If so, where can I purchase a slimline 3 LNB?

Yes you can.
I would try Solid Signal or DishStore

Is there an advantage to getting the sl-3 swm over the sl-3? Will the sl-3 swm work with the HR23-700?

If you have no programming you want from the 119 it doesn't matter if you are losing it......you will certainly lose it if you change to a 3

You will have guide issues with a 5 lnb and no los to 119.

Is there an advantage to getting the sl-3 swm over the sl-3? Will the sl-3 swm work with the HR23-700?

The sl3 swm will work fine with any Directv branded box. The biggest advantage is in the original install. You only need to run one cable for a dvr.

Thanks to everyone! I will be getting the sl-3 LNB.

Don't forget , you'll also need the Power Inserter and possibly splitter to go with the SWM set up, if you go that route, or it won't work.

My point is, you can't just swap out the head from another unit and be done.

With a SL5-3 you can just swap and repeat the Sat Set Up, but when you go to the SWM you'll need the other equipment as well.

Don't forget , you'll also need the Power Inserter and possibly splitter to go with the SWM set up, if you go that route, or it won't work.

My point is, you can't just swap out the head from another unit and be done.

With a SL5-3 you can just swap and repeat the Sat Set Up, but when you go to the SWM you'll need the other equipment as well.

Thanks for the info, Jimbo.

I will get the sl-3 (non SWM) LNB, mainly because of the cost and the fact that I only have one DVR. One question, will the RBR detect the new LNB?

You will need to go into the setup menu and change the lnb type from 5 to 3.

This is very important too. When you first swap out the LNBs from the 5 to the 3 it will appear to be working properly, but if you do not change the dish type in the setup menu to the 3 LNB, you will lose the guide data -- as stated above :)

Thanks for the info, Jimbo.

I will get the sl-3 (non SWM) LNB, mainly because of the cost and the fact that I only have one DVR. One question, will the RBR detect the new LNB?

This is very important too. When you first swap out the LNBs from the 5 to the 3 it will appear to be working properly, but if you do not change the dish type in the setup menu to the 3 LNB, you will lose the guide data -- as stated above :)

efbrune,
After you make the LNB change, Turn on the recvr and go to Menu/ Set Up/ System Set Up/ Sat and Antenna/ Repeat Sat Set Up/ dash/ then you will need to look and see which one says Slimline3 (no SWM) ... Switch Type should be Multi Switch. and Tuners : Dual.

BBC's (2) WILL be required for HD use.

efbrune,
After you make the LNB change, Turn on the recvr and go to Menu/ Set Up/ System Set Up/ Sat and Antenna/ Repeat Sat Set Up/ dash/ then you will need to look and see which one says Slimline3 (no SWM) ... Switch Type should be Multi Switch. and Tuners : Dual.

BBC's (2) WILL be required for HD use.

Are you sure that I need the BBCs for my HR23-700?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts