Need advice FAST having to do w/ Cable vs Dish!

Regarding the time for changing channels, I doubt it's anywhere near instantaneous on cable's true digital channels, only the analog ones. Any digital service is going to have a lag time of acquiring the signal, decoding it, and building the stream for the output device.

Regardless, that's what the Guide button is for. You might find it less irritating to be able to surf the guide while leaving the current program undisturbed, then only actually change the channel when you find something worth changing to.

I believe you have the right attitude and taking the right course of action. Reevaluate your circunstances when the time comes and take the deal that is best for you. That makes the most sense to me and that is what I did after 4 years with Dish and went to cable-for now. :)

J3ff said:
I did give the go ahead...

For 106 a month im getting cable modem ( www.optonline.net ) with telephone service (free in the us and canada) and the silver package ( www.io.tv ) with 17 HD channels :)

this has ONE DVR (Non HD) and one regular HD box that I plan on hooking up to my computer and using with my HD Monitor (and hopefully putting in a PVR, i just like the way the computer dvr's work)

it cant be beaten for that price. and hey in 11months ill be back with whoever is better. not even gonna take the dish down.

some cable companies has VOD which no dish cannot do. If you like this option and want it, it's the way to go. another strong point is if you have telephone, digital, internet, etc. you can bundle up your services and come out cheaper instead of having different bills for different services.

Pepper said:
Regarding the time for changing channels, I doubt it's anywhere near instantaneous on cable's true digital channels, only the analog ones. Any digital service is going to have a lag time of acquiring the signal, decoding it, and building the stream for the output device.

Regardless, that's what the Guide button is for. You might find it less irritating to be able to surf the guide while leaving the current program undisturbed, then only actually change the channel when you find something worth changing to.

hopefully you will get the scientific atlantic 8300.

Channels change on the fly with the cable card. I added one to my TV and love it. I get all the HD channels, all all of the channels included in my package with no lag. In addition, the analog channels look 10 times better through via the cable card.

Well damn! The appt was 5 - 8 and the SECOND my clock struck 5 a van pulled in the driveway!

So far thats alot better than 8 hours late dish!~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)