Need Advice on receiving DISH from RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BoulderJD

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Would appreciate any help. I've had a four room DVR DISH system since last summer. I know I receive 110 and 119. I just purchased a small ranch in the Hill Country of central Texas. I would like to move one of my DISH receivers to an RV for use when I'm away from home. What and where do I get the satellite dish, and anything else I need to do this? Also, I've seen a "satellite pointer" from Radio Shack. Do I need one of those to help me find the satellites? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John

If you don't change your programming to one of the new 1 Feb packages, any of your current receivers should continue to receive your existing programming. Exception for current locals: if your RV location is very far from your home location you may not receive your current locals as you may be out of the spot-beam footprint. Solution is to sign up for Distant Networks...owning an RV is one of the keys to getting them. See the Dish Network rules at:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/rv_truck/

Many electronics stores sell portable dishes and tripods. Or a CampingWorld will be happy to install a manual or auto-point dish on top of your RV. The same stores and some on-line sites also sell satellite accessories such as the "satellite finder/pointer".

Hope this helps...good luck!

Hi Guys! Thanks for the help. I just checked with DISH. I have a 510 DVR with a DISH 500 dish.

One question, j2kirby7. You said:

If you don't change your programming to one of the new 1 Feb packages, any of your current receivers should continue to receive your existing programming.

Does that mean if I add or remove premium channels after I buy a new dish, the service won't work?

Thanks again! John

Welcometo SatelliteGuys... My Uncle had a little place in the Hill country, nice place to get away... Unless you have a dish mounted on your Rv a tripod works good, use tent stakes to hold it down. Unless you want to find a chain link fence post at a building supply place and put in the ground(with cement)for the dish mount. Look at the dishstore.net for a dish ( one of our Gold sponsors).

:wave No...adding or removing premiums won't affect what you have now. But if you wanted to change entirely to one of the new "basic plus HD" packages, you would have to purchase or lease the new MPEG 4 receivers. A word of caution...if you have the pre-Feb 1st HD package, with or without Voom, and you wish to stay with it, DO NOT drop it! Once dropped, if you want HD back, you are forced into one of the new packages requiring the new MPEG 4 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts