Need advice on upgrading receiver(s)

Andyjunction

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I have a leased 622 which works great, no complaints with it. Also have an old owned 510 which needs to go. I'd like to upgrade it to a 722k but am probably going to want the new Xip receivers whenever they come out. I'm not currently under a service commitment and I don't want to lock myself out of deals for those new ones. So, what would be my best option? I was told by one service rep I could get a 722 for $199 and by another rep I could get it for free on lease with a mandatory $95 installation fee or could purchase it for around $450. Talking to them is like playing roulette.

I also cancelled service to the 510 out of frustration and since it's basically useless. Hope that didn't effect my upgrade opportunities.

Done. I did also see the "722k Ultimate Upgrade" thread. Just don't know if that's my best option.

I would have gone for the FREE upgrade of your 510 to a 512. If your 510 is owned, you could then sell the owned 512 replacement for it's residual value. If instead you upgrade, you will lose the free part and also enter into another 2yr commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)