Need advice ... Question on picture drop outs

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
New to forum here, and I wanted to toss this out to verify what our local Dish dealer told me today. I approached them with the idea of wanting to upgrade to a HD package along with the HD DVR 722. All sounded good except he did caution me on a possibility of seeing a few more 'picture drops' do to inclimate weather. Currently I have older (meg2) receivers that have been very reliable and only loose the pic during a VERY heavy thunderstorm. Might happen on an average of once or twice a year. The dealer went on to explain that the newer receivers have lost a degree of signal strength scale as to where it does not have as much 'room' to drop before the signal is too weak to activate a picture. He said the older equipment could handle the cloud / rain cover better than the newer stuff.

I'm asking here if this is in fact true and would I experience more picture loss going with the 722? :confused: Dealer said they get many more service calls (complaints) now regarding this issue. And for what's it's worth, this isn't a fly by night sat. dealer, they are the areas premier A/V dealer and go to great strides to 'dial' everything in correctly upon installation.

I've been a Dish customer for better than 15 years and would like to stay with them, but I'm a little hessitant after hearing this. I would NOT be a happy camper signing an additional 2- year contract to make the upgrade and experience less realiable service than what I've had in the past.

What's everyones take on this?? Thank you in advance ;)

Wow, after 60 views and only one response that must be a good sign that this is not really an issue with the new receivers, hope so cause I think I'm going to stay with Dish and upgrade to HD along with with the 722. :D

Yes you will love the 722.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

Help me with My programming

no Dish'n Up 625s???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)