Need Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I am getting an install next week. All I know is I have two HD DVR's coming, and appearantly that is it. So I had to go find me some standard boxes. Now can anyone tell me what I may need to get them up and running? I wont have them until after my install I am pretty sure. Will I need a switch or is what they leave me enough?

Any info would be great. Thanks

If you are planning on getting standard boxes, make sure you don't get an "Eastern Arc" install. MPEG2 equipment (standard receivers like the 322 and 301) won't function on the eastern arc. If you need service for standard definition sets in your house, then going with HD dual tuners (such as the 622 and 722) is the probably the way to go. Giving you HD on TV1 and SD on TV2.

It should be a Dish 1000.2, the 1000+ (plus) dishes are for receiving 118.7 which is mainly for International channels and a few locals. An Eastern Arc Dish is a 1000.4

The HD Dvr's can output an SD feed on tv 2 for older analog tvs while outputting a separate HD feed on tv 1.
The Eastern Arc only supports Mpeg 4 receivers which are models numbers which begins with VIP (722, 622, 612, 211 and 411).

Yea now I'm confused again. Sounds like I need a local installer..Hahaha.

So bottom line is what? I do not want to have wasted the money I just spent on these 301's.
I cannot just have the two DVR's it just wont work in this house. Too many people.

What should I ask this installer? Will he do it?

The DVR's have 2 modes. Single and Dual. In Single mode all tv connected to it watch the same thing. In Dual mode the Dvr acts like 2 separate receivers. So people watching TV1 can watch HD while people connected to TV2 can watch something totally different but in SD.

The 301's will work as long as it is a Western Arc install which looks at satellites at 110, 119 and 129. You need to make sure the 301's also were not previously leased or have a balance owed to Dish by the previous owner. You will need to have a separate coax run from the where each tv is to where the Dish is installed.

Yea, I do know how the dual and singles work. I also know that I cannot have the two DVR's interupted if recording, it will just be a big mess. That is why I got the 301's, and those are all set. I can activate those, there is no money owed on them. I think I have to get new cards though, they have blue cards.

So you are saying the 301's will work? do I need to ask the guy for a Western Arc set up? Will I need another switch or should what he does cover it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)