Need Antenna Advice

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
When Echostar16 is fired up I will probably loose my local station reception. I currently receive my locals as a CONUS signal from 61.5; this will change to a spotbeam and since I am out of the area I will not receive them. I am traveling in an RV and have an eastern arc 1000.4 antenna; the problem is that the locals for my current location (Corpus Christi, TX) are western arc.

My question is can I purchase a western arc LNB assembly to mount to my 1000.4 dish arm? If so, will I be able to setup my system or will it require a change from Dish to enable the use of western Arc sats.

When Echostar16 is fired up I will probably loose my local station reception. I currently receive my locals as a CONUS signal from 61.5; this will change to a spotbeam and since I am out of the area I will not receive them. I am traveling in an RV and have an eastern arc 1000.4 antenna; the problem is that the locals for my current location (Corpus Christi, TX) are western arc.

My question is can I purchase a western arc LNB assembly to mount to my 1000.4 dish arm? If so, will I be able to setup my system or will it require a change from Dish to enable the use of western Arc sats.
Looking on Ebay 1000.4 Western Arc LNBs are available, 1000.2 dishes are also available with both Eastern Arc and Western Arc LNBs. You just have to determine which is best for you.

Ok, I just purchased a 1000.4, LNBF for 110,119,129 western arc. What is the correct aiming procedure?
On my eastern arc LNBF I connect a cable to 3rd port from the right, cover the right and left end lnb's with foil and peak the antenna for 72 TP 21.

Ok, I just purchased a 1000.4, LNBF for 110,119,129 western arc. What is the correct aiming procedure?
On my eastern arc LNBF I connect a cable to 3rd port from the right, cover the right and left end lnb's with foil and peak the antenna for 72 TP 21.

Same procedure except 119 is the satellite.

If you wait until Jan. 17th getting free HD will be determined by how you qualify. Not everyone will qualify for Free HD anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)