need dirt help-HDCPTV Not supported 890

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
good morning my friends i was watching tv this morning and alot of channels on my hopper 3 show up with a little box that says "HDCPTV NOT SUPPORTED 890 The receiver that the hd television or the digital connection to the tv does not support HIGH BANDWIDTH DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION (HDCP) because this event follows HDCP,this event is not available to order on the tv. hey guys what does this mean it started doing this last night any help would be appreciated.

Allen bluegras

To comply with movie industry standards, DISH, as well as all TV providers, must enforce content protection standards when required. This message indicates that your TV or HDMI/DVI cable is not HDCO compatible. It is likely your TV was manufactured before industry standards required HDCP.

To comply with movie industry standards, DISH, as well as all TV providers, must enforce content protection standards when required. This message indicates that your TV or HDMI/DVI cable is not HDCO compatible. It is likely your TV was manufactured before industry standards required HDCP.
good morning lalia it is a newer 4ktv it is a vizio class m tv that i bought last year at our local walmart here in streator,illinois so i have by another 4k tv now what should i do?

I had a message like that once when I tried to watch a movie I had recorded; gave up went to bed, tried next day & it played...???

well i just tried a manual restart on the hopper 3 dvr and now it is now working i do not know why it was doing this my tv is a newer 4ktv.

Oh I forgot to mention my TV is like 9-10yr old DLP HDTV, just using plain old HDMI cables,

Glad it started working!

Oh I forgot to mention my TV is like 9-10yr old DLP HDTV, just using plain old HDMI cables,

Glad it started working!
You probably will have to switch to the analog connection..I had to on my old dlp..I cant remember what's it's called..but it's still hd

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have that same message pop up, mostly when trying to watch Fox Sports Regional Network. I have TV 1 connected to the HWS with component cables and TV 2 in an adjoining room connected with the HDMI cable. When TV 1 is turned on to Fox Sports for a game that message pops up. I have to turn TV 2 on to make the message go away. Once the message is gone TV 2 can be turned off. It has been very annoying. I tried using a HDMI splitter, but that only worked some of the time.