Need Dish TV Signal Assistance

VIETVET68

Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Chicago Area
I'm a New Bee! Im looking for any assistance with a Dish TV signal problem. My brother is in a nursing home (250) residents, all with their own TV connections in the wall. The Nursing home does have Dish TV. My brother who is on the top floor has very poor reception on 90% of the channels (15 channels provided by the nursing home). He was told because he was on the 4th floor, the signal would not be very strong to receive a good strong signal. I'm looking for a solution, maybe a signal booster I can put on his cable to the TV that would give him a chance of a better signal. The residents depend on TV for the majority of their entertainment. I'm told Dish TV can't help because an independent contractor installed the system! Any and all help. suggestions or solutions would be of great help to us. Thanks! Rich

The signal is probably being split a bunch. Bout the only thing you could do is put a signal amp right where the cable comes into the apartment.

Sounds like 15 channels modulated from the receiver room. Check a neighbors room on the same floor to see if the signal is the same. If not look for problems from the wall plate such as shorted cable from center to shield or center pin not long enough to make connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts