Need for HWS?

zooky

Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
wa
When does one need an HWS? I had a Sling when I just had a DVR but the Technician removed it when my Hopper was installed. Yes, I do use Broadband.

When does one need an HWS? I had a Sling when I just had a DVR but the Technician removed it when my Hopper was installed. Yes, I do use Broadband.

My understanding is the HWS is the newest version of the Hopper. So even if you don't use the Sling part you recieved a better hopper. As far as the installer removing the slingbox I hope he left it with you and just disconnected it. It is a nice feature if you travel a lot or are able to stroke off at work. ;)

If you got HWS you don't need it really. In addition to being faster than H2K, HWS also gives you the ability to transfer shows to a phone or tablet for offline viewing.

I have both a HWS and a H2K with a Sling Adapter. Love the flexibility of being able to view live programming on two devices simultaneously (lot's of kids!).

One question for the group though .. does anyone know if a Sling Adapter will work with a Super Joey?

We think not. Too many streams to and from the Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

help needed with receiver

Squished picture on my 722k. Why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts