Need FTA, OTA and DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TULSA442

Original poster
May 9, 2011
Oklahoma
Hi! i'm new here. I've looked around on the forum, but not sure what to do. I am making the switch to FTA. I am also wanting to be able to get over the air. Is there a receiver that will allow me to get FTA and is also a digital converter for OTA? And what would be perfect would be one with a DVR to record FTA and OTA. Is there any product recomendations? Or, if I have to get a FTA receiver, digital converter box and DVR all seperate that may work too.

Thanks!!

The Diamond 9000HD is a DVB-S2 receiver that receives DVB-S and DVB-S2 signals off the various satellites, plus has a digital OTA tuner built in, and will record to an external USB 2.0 hard drive.

It does not blind scan, but has great picture quality, and will meet all your criteria listed above.

I don't record FTA yet, so can't really help there. I was going to get a computer tuner but then thought about the Azbox. But just haven't had the time to do it. Still have my reliable Coolsat 6000 for basic FTA needs.

If you decide on a separate box for the OTA. I use a DtvPal Dvr that used to be made by DISH and is now sold as the Channelmaster CM7000 Pal DVR. It receives free guide info and has two ATSC over the air tuners in it. I receive all the Tulsa locals and it works great for recording and playing back the locals in HD and with no fees for the dvr features. If you have ever had Dish it works just like a Dish dvr.

closest things would be a Pansat 9200 or Coolsat 8100 (or the diamond as noted)

all 3 have a ASTC tuner in them and can have a hard drive hooked up. Only drawback is no guide for OTA

osu1991 said:
I don't record FTA yet, so can't really help there. I was going to get a computer tuner but then thought about the Azbox. But just haven't had the time to do it. Still have my reliable Coolsat 6000 for basic FTA needs.

If you decide on a separate box for the OTA. I use a DtvPal Dvr that used to be made by DISH and is now sold as the Channelmaster CM7000 Pal DVR. It receives free guide info and has two ATSC over the air tuners in it. I receive all the Tulsa locals and it works great for recording and playing back the locals in HD and with no fees for the dvr features. If you have ever had Dish it works just like a Dish dvr.

I have been looking at the CM option. But wow they are pricey.

yeah considering when the DTVPal DVR was being discontinued at Sears a year ago I picked up 6 for $100 a piece

They're pretty spendy now (really wish I would have kept one) :(

the diamond 9000hd is good. the OTA + 123r was a great setup back in the day. it worked well.

they are impossible to find at a decent price now. Ice's recommendations are spot on.

I agree the homerun device is a good thing. I keep forgetting about it till I hear it mentioned again. OTA recording is not a huge thing to me yet. So have not done alot of digging so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.