Need Help 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

922guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
We got our 922 in today and I hooked it up and am having some issues.

When I got it, I turned it on and was prompted to press the SAT button to link the remote control. I did that fine and was taken to the Point Dish screen. When I got to this screen I was told that TV2 was in use would I like to continue. I said YES to it like the Job Air document told me.

The Check Switch button on the screen was grayed out. It would not let me select it. After leaving it like this for awhile I clicked on Continue and a screen came up asking me if the dish was tightened down and the check switch was complete.

I did not know what to do here since I did not get to do a check switch so I rebooted the 922 using the red reboot button under the left door.

Now the receiver has rebooted and is asking me to link the remotes again by pressing the SAT button. I am doing this and nothing is happening. I am trying this on both remotes with nothing working.

Anyone know what I can do? I tried hooking up a USB keyboard to the unit but it appears that wont work without the software download.

I have emailed the support group so hopefully they answer back quickly.

Thanks for any help you can give!

BTW got word on this special forum from Dishretailer.

I did the exact thing you did. I didn't have the Job Aid at the time so I messed a few things up. Your remotes will not sync up because there are already synced. You need to unsync them. On the right side of the remote there are 3 buttons. The top button is the format button and the bottom 2 are blank. You want to hold in the blank button between the format button and the bottom blank button. Hold it in for 10 seconds I believe, it will beep at you telling you it is unsynced. Once that is done press the sat button again to sync the remote to your receiver.

Here you go, this is from the Job Aid... It was way down the bottom, they should move it up near when you link the remotes just incase there is an issue like yours...

Sherrman was yours in dual tuner mode as well? And was your Check Switch grayed out? I don't think you can turn off the dual mode at setup since nothing on the front panel works without the software download.

Attachments

• unlink.jpg
    unlink.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 186
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 233
Yes. I had the exact same problem. Then we called Dish and thats how we found out about the job aid and that we had to email them. Went smoothly after that.

So how did they get your 922 out of Dual Mode so that you could do a check switch and download the code? or did it just work after you rebooted and repaired the remotes?

It just worked. When I went back the point dish screen I was able to do a switch check. Didn't take long after that. Then I put in my service request to have it activated. Monday morning they called me to check some info and within a half hour it was activated.

That worked thank you!

After getting the check switch it never asked me to download the software so it dumped me out and the guides and menus looked just like the 722k unit.

After going through all the menus I hit the reboot button again and when it came up I had to do the check switch again. After that was done I exited the screen and it asked me if everything was locked down, I said yes and the software downloaded.

After that was done I got the call to activate screen so I went online and submitted my request for activation and about a half hour later my screen displayed a picture saying activation in progress. After that it downloaded the program guide and all is running now including the Sling box software.

While the box is slow I am impressed, this box has come a long way since I saw it at Team Summit.

Thanks for your help guys!

Yes sling is working in the building, but I have not opened the ports yet to be able to watch it anywhere else.

The basic functionality is there but lots of things in it are not working yet. At Team Summit they had zero Sling Box functionality activated so this is a big step forward.

I did notice my guides do not have the channel logos like the guides did at Team Summit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)