Need help acquiring signal

Dezicartel

Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
USA
Longtime lurker first time poster...I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff but I got home today and decided to hit "movies and more" in my dvr menu...as soon as I hit that the dish went into "acquiring satellite signal" there are random numbers underneath that read r00--------- and s19-------- satellite 119 transponder 19 progress 0 of 5 ....weird thing is that I know the dish is receiving some sort of signal because I was recording burlesque on Showtime and I was 8 minutes into it and when I select it from the dvr menu it allows me to watch it live. But when i try watching a channel through the guide I get the acquiring signal error....any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried a reboot and same issue....can access my dvr but get a signal error when try watching a channel through the guide ....

sounds like the dish is not aimed properly....if this a new install or has been up for a while?
Any bad weather in the area?

sounds like the dish is not aimed properly....if this a new install or has been up for a while?
Any bad weather in the area?

No bad weather or winds...dish was working perfectly yesterday and all day today ..it only messed up as soon as I hit the "movies and more" option in the dvr menu.

Dezicartel, try running a check switch test by pressing menu-6-1-1 and then select check swtich. On the following screen you will want to select test at the bottom of the screen. If you get an error message do not save. Send me a PM and let me know if this corrects the issue please. Thanks!

Dezicartel, try running a check switch test by pressing menu-6-1-1 and then select check swtich. On the following screen you will want to select test at the bottom of the screen. If you get an error message do not save. Send me a PM and let me know if this corrects the issue please. Thanks!

It worked! Thanks!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)