Need Help Aiming Dish

b315653

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
My dish was mounted on my roof. Well I needed a new roof so I moved the dish about 6ft away to the face of my house.
I leveled the mask and started aiming my Dish 500 with a Legacy Twin. Right now I have 129/119 instead of 119/110. If I turn the dish west I don't find 119/110. What am I doing wrong?
On one channel it says "Congratulation, you have a Dish 1000", but I have a Dish 500. I'm using 231/31/121 at 44060 zip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wayne

Last edited:
Use the 231 azimuth and 121 skew but move the elevation to 33. My elevation on the point dish screen is 27 but for some reason on the dish500 it needs to be up at 29. The reason you get the dish 1000 message is because your dish is aimed too low. The 129 bird is lower than 119. You will have to move the dish slightly (left) to the east a tad also.

make sure your mast is level in all directions, not just front to back. double check the settings on your dish, make sure they are correct.

sounds to me like your elevation is too low and you are pointed a little too far to the west. happens all the time with our newer technicians.

-Steve

Thanks guys. I will try again tomorrow. I will check plumb again and raise my elevation and turn a bit east and see what happens.
P.S. My reading on 119, even though it's in the number two slot, is higher than it has ever been. Getting between 119 and 120 on the point dish scale. Will that change when it's in the number one slot and 110 in the number 2 slot as they should be? Wayne

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will try again tomorrow. I will check plumb again and raise my elevation and tuun a bit east and see what happens.
P.S. My reading on 119, even though it's in the number two slot, is higher than it has ever been. Getting between 119 and 120 on the point dish scale. Will that change when it's in the number one slot and 110 in the number 2 slot as they should be? Wayne

If you take the time and tweak it right, no reason you can't have 119 that high. But it should really be aimed to where you have almost even levels between 119 and 110. As an example, if you get 119 to 125 and leave 110 in the 80's then channels would be fine in almost all weather situations, but you could have endless problems from the channels from 110.

Can I cover the 110 with foil on the legacy twin to make sure I'm not getting 129 or does it need both LNBF's in the twin (119/110) to peak? Wayne

Thanks to all for the help. All it needed was a move to the left (East) and about a 3 to 4 degree lift on elevation and bingo, 119/110. Also the signal is better than ever. About 100 -110 on the 110 and 115 - 120 on 119. Thanks again for all the help. Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)