Need help connecting a DPP44 Video Path

sling-blade

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Back in March our house partially burned, we had to move and rent an apt. We used Dish Mover to move our service to the Apt.Now the repairs have been made Dish wants me to pay 100.00 for them to come and connect a couple of cables.
When we moved I removed the DPP44, and the power inverter from the house. Now we have moved back in,and I have forgotten how the cables
connect.
I know how to connect the power inverter, its basically simple. We have a solo DVR VIP, and a VIP 211. The dish and all cable are intact. If someone could give me a hand in connecting the cables to the DPP44 I would appreciate it. I ain't payin no stinkin 100.00.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

if the dish is still intact and pointed correctly it really does not matter which lines from the dish are connected to the input of the dpp44, just run a check switch (menu 6,1,1) and the receiver will figure it out.....usually 119 is hooked too port one 110 to port 2 and 129 to port 3 and lastly 118 to port 4 if indeed you have a plus dish.....the line from the power inserter must be connected to the number one output to receiver port.
.reply back with the dish type you have and more help will be offered.

the dish does not have a designation but after climbing on the roof, I discovered that only 3 of the four cables are connected. One is snipped off. I have gotten tv on one TV, the one that I have the power inverter connected, but the other TV says "signal loss" . I'm figurong i HAVE A CABLE NOT CONNECTED RIGHT.
The dish has three LNBs and I have HD if that helps, the dish marking just read "DISH"

Im going to post 4 pictures tell us which dish you have, and then we can help you out, it isn't too hard

dishpic.jpg

OR

3n03mc3pd5T55R65S6b9c35c2139bca741af7.jpg

OR

plusdish.jpg

OR

dish1000.4-1265857063.jpg

the dish does not have a designation but after climbing on the roof, I discovered that only 3 of the four cables are connected. One is snipped off. I have gotten tv on one TV, the one that I have the power inverter connected, but the other TV says "signal loss" . I'm figurong i HAVE A CABLE NOT CONNECTED RIGHT.
The dish has three LNBs and I have HD if that helps, the dish marking just read "DISH"

Last edited:
It does matter which cable goes in .. There is actually 4 lnbs thou it looks like 3.. On the center one there are 2 markings. 1 says 2D AND1 SAYS 1F. The 2D goes in the top port. The 1F goes in the bottom port.. The other 2 do not matter. The power inserter must go to the number 1 port on the bottom..Say if you have the power inserter on the 211 in must be going to the port on the far left.. Hope this helps..

Your right partly that it doesn't matter, but its better to have it in the correct order as intended incase an older box was connected, the order usually is 119=Port 1, 110=Port 2, 129=Port 3, and if you have 118=Port 4 (Port 4 is clearly marked use for FSS Connection), the OP hasn't told us what dish he has so I am still uncertain what to tell him anyways

It does matter which cable goes in .. There is actually 4 lnbs thou it looks like 3.. On the center one there are 2 markings. 1 says 2D AND1 SAYS 1F. The 2D goes in the top port. The 1F goes in the bottom port.. The other 2 do not matter. The power inserter must go to the number 1 port on the bottom..Say if you have the power inserter on the 211 in must be going to the port on the far left.. Hope this helps..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts