(Need help fairly urgently) Best way to stream DIRECTV to a computer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nameduser

Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi,

I'm planning on buying something to help me stream all my DIRECTV channels to my computer. Which one's the consensus best option?

Slingbox is more expensive than Vulkano, and they don't really have the greatest reviews on their products and support. I haven't really done any research on Vulkano, so I don't know a lot about them. Also, are there any other companies out there that do this?

Thanks!

I have both vulkano and slingbox. vulkano came out with a lava which is a placeshifter, upnp player"wdtvlive", and slingcatcher "connects to another vulkano" all in one.

you can connect to multiple pc on the lan and 1 remote connection. Apps on phone an ipad or 12 each. Good deal for 200 bucks.

Slingbox is great but apps are 30 each for ipad and iphone. Placeshifting ONLY HDPRO is 249 +

Vulkano is your best bang for your buck if you don't need a turner.

Edit
Vulkano has the blast which justa placeshifter I think is 99 bucks.
the older not supported anymore Hava same company as vulkano They work great to you can buy used ones on ebay or amazon.

Last edited:
I say go with a Slingbox. The Vulkano has the ability to blow the Slingbox away but the software on it sucks making it unusable most of the time. The Slingbox just works out of the gate.

I agree slingbox is better and more stable.
My vulkano streams much better then when it first came out. They are full of broken promises. They were supposed to have free apps and googletv on it Still nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)