Need help figuring out dual-lnb round with 3x4 multi to triple-lnb oval dish install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gaboose

Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
I've currently got a round dual-lnb dish on my roof with two coax wires (and of course the ground wire) running externally down my home to a 3x4 multiswitch, with two coax wires going into one room for an SD-DirecTivo and one coax going to the other room for an old SD receiver. I'd like to replace the SD DirecTivo with the new HD DirecTivo (probably moving the old sd unit to the one-wire room and leaving it as a single-channel unit), and I understand I need to put up an oval dish with a built-in triple lnb. Can anyone tell me what this means for all of the downstream wiring and multiswitch? Do I need to run an additional wire down the exterior, or will two coax to the dish with some kind of downstream splitter/multiswitch do the job? My goal is to do this myself with the least possible additional wiring. Suggestions?

Hello as for the wiring the triple lnb dish has a built in multiswitch so u no longer need one . just hook up all the lines that goes to the recievers that used to hook up to the 3x4 multiswitch just hook them in directly into the dish . And the 2 wires hooking into the multiswitch from the dish just get 2 barrel connectors and hook 2 of the wires comming from recievers together.and just run another wire from the dish to the third line

This is assuming that you buy a BRAND NEW eliptical PhaseIII dish. If you try to save a few dollars by going to ebay or a close-out you may be purchasing an ORIGINAL 3 LNB version dish that WILL NEED a multi-switch. So be aware of what you are buying. Both versions of the 3 LNB setup are eliptical. The older version is better built and slightly larger and heavier too.

If you stay with the current wires and add-in the barrel connectors, make sure they are inside and weather protected. If they can't be, then run new RG6. Which will be better and also a more professional looking job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts