Need help for neighbors

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My New neighbors have a directivo with one line incoming from an 18inch round dish with a single lnb. the single coax line is hooked into a 3x4 eagle aspen switch that has two coax lines hooked into the back of the receiver. They are only using 1 tuner as the other tuner will not get a signal. They have had this setup for "years". I have not seen this before. The two lines are coming from the side of the switch that says 18v. Is there anyway that this could work so they could have 2 tuners. I should say that they are happy with things the way they are now. They are not really concerned. They also do not want to run another line. But now that I have seen it I really want to fix. It will drive me crazy until I can fix it or at least know what could be done with it.:confused:
thanks

John

they have not been getting any odd polarity channels

Since there are 2 tuners in the DVR you need 2 lines form the dish. If they are adamant about not using the 2nd tuner then by all means remove the multiswitch. They'll get both polarities on the one tuner then

The multiswitch needs 2 lines into it from the LNB to the 13v and 18v (odd and even polarity)

I thought you had to have two incoming lines into the multiswitch. All I can figure is that at some time someone thought they could use this as a 1X2 multiswitch. I will fix it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

John

you do need two lines from the LNB to the switch if using a DVR
Since they are only using one line from the LNB to the switch they are only getting even transponders and from looking at charts they are missing a decent amount of good channels

If you remove the switch then check the transponders to see if they all come in

correct Bob
The only issue is they have one line from the roof so the DVR will be a single tuner only. To get both tuners they need to run a 2nd line from the roof to the DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)