Need help from all the experts here.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
I know the DPP-44 switch is available now and I am planning to get it since I do have the needs to get programs from 4 satellites. The question that I have is:

1. Can I continue use the DP-34 switch and cascade to DPP-44 to get all the signals to all the receivers, or I have to change all of them to DPP-44?

2. Do I have to buy additional split to change to two feeds for my 921 and 721? Since I have 4 receiver now, by doing so, I have run everything on one switch for now, but if I need add another receiver, it will go back to my question 1 again.......

Thanks in advance for the advise. I ironically, when I called CSR at Dish, one told me there is no such thing about DPP-44; the other told me Dish does not support 4 satellites........ I am wondering how much they got paid to do their job :D :D :D :D :D

hzhao said:
I know the DPP-44 switch is available now and I am planning to get it since I do have the needs to get programs from 4 satellites. The question that I have is:

1. Can I continue use the DP-34 switch and cascade to DPP-44 to get all the signals to all the receivers, or I have to change all of them to DPP-44?

2. Do I have to buy additional split to change to two feeds for my 921 and 721? Since I have 4 receiver now, by doing so, I have run everything on one switch for now, but if I need add another receiver, it will go back to my question 1 again.......

Thanks in advance for the advise. I ironically, when I called CSR at Dish, one told me there is no such thing about DPP-44; the other told me Dish does not support 4 satellites........ I am wondering how much they got paid to do their job :D :D :D :D :D
I think you are ahead of the game, I don't believe the DPP44 is available yet and when it is released I believe it will be a complete system using a DPP LNBF a switch and if needed a splitter totalling around $300.

A DPP44 and a DP34 should be cascadable.. but you won't get your 4th satellite with the 34. The cascade ports work as jumpers, they just split the signal from the inputs over to the outputs on the right side.

bcshields said:
A DPP44 and a DP34 should be cascadable.. but you won't get your 4th satellite with the 34. The cascade ports work as jumpers, they just split the signal from the inputs over to the outputs on the right side.
I would guess that you are guessing this to be true. I am hoping it is true as I would like to take advantage of the one cable to two tuners option. BUT, so far it appears that the 921 and 721 will need new software to run with one cable.
I currently have two DP34 switches and would like to eliminate some of the cables running all over the place. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)