Need help! Installed SuperDish this weekend…

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Susan

Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
I just replaced my Dish 500 w/ a SuperDish 119 / 110 /105 this weekend. I have two 311 receivers and a DP34 switch. I aimed the 119 on port 1 of the DP34 per the instructions and locked signal at 109. I exited the menu and turned off the receivers for 20 minutes per the instructions. After turning it back on, I changed to the 105, went outside and hooked the 105 to port 1 on the DP34 and get nothing. When I run the check switch it doesn’t recognize 105 at all. Not even the connection. I tried hooking the 105 cable to the other three ports and replacing the cable and still nothing. The only thing that I can figure is that either the 105 LNB is bad (which still doesn’t explain why the check switch test doesn’t recognize it), or that the software upgrade didn’t work. Even if the 105 LNB is not pointed exactly, it should show up as a connection on the check switch test w/ no polarity – right? I did install my Dish 500 myself but it wasn’t nearly this complicated and I consider myself to be a complete novice. Any advice that you all would be generous enough to share would be soooo appreciated!!! I am new here but searched threads trying to find a similar scenario and failed to see one. I apologize in advance if I missed it. Thanks! :)

The check switch menu will only show a connection on the 105 LNB if the receivers is actually seeing the 105 bird. The SuperDish is a little harder to aim than a Dish500. Reconnect the 119 LNB and make sure you are still getting good signal on transponders 11 & 12. Then connect the 105 LNB to port 1 on the switch and make slight adjustments to azimuth and elevation to acquire the satellite and lock it in. Make sure to recheck signal strength on 119 & 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)