Has anyone had problems getting HD equip?

swylie17

Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Chicago
I have had dish for almost a year now... I currently have (1) 522 and (2) 311 boxes. I recently purchased a HDTV, and wanted to upgrade to a 811 box. I have talked to 3 different people from customer service, and all have told me that since I already have 4 feeds from my dish (2 going to the 522), I cannot upgrade. I asked if I could exchange on of my boxes, and was told no. The only way I can get HD would be to buy a 811 from a retail store, or switch providers all together.

This seems a bit ridiculous to me. If I were a new customer, I could get (1) 522, (1) 811, and (1) 510... for free! But, since I am already a customer, I can't have HD????? :confused:

welcome to satellite guys. glad you are here.

dish network can be strange when it comes to things like this. i would first try to log onto their website and see if you can get it that way. if not, try calling again a few times. different people tell you different things. before you start talking to them, ask them for their customer service id and name. keep notes on what they tell you. if that fails email the ceo. i believe the email address is ceo@echostar.com. someone will be able to confirm. make sure it is a polite email.

don't be a stranger around here. welcome again.

Yeah the CSR's just don't have a clue which is crazy as you would think they would be knowledgable about what the company they work for can and cannot provide. Unless of course they are told to say no to any existing customer requesting an upgrade (as ridiculous as that sounds I swear that goes on based on all the posts here).

Anyway, I have a standard DVR and I *had* 3 301's. I called and got the same BS. I then went to the e-mail addy that everyone posts and got help. I was able to get 2 811's in exchange for the 301's and bought a new 811 for $150 (got a great deal on E*Bay). All three 811's are now activated.

My next hurdle is exchanging the standard DVR which I still have for the new 942 when it becomes available to lease. I've already been told no but have also expressed my dissatisfaction via the e-mail and received a response saying basically to sit tight as they have not even finalized what they will do for existing and new customers as it relates to the 942.

Needless to say, if they intend to screw over their loyal customers by not allowing them the option to lease the 942, I have a huge problem with this and will continue to bring it up with Dish Network.

I'm just hoping when MPEG-4 Rolls out, and I know pretty much for sure I'm going to need a new receiver, the part I'm hoping for is that I DON'T need a new Satellite Dish and a new Switch I would be so pissed. Using a superdish so hopefully all goes well >:/

you need to call and ask about dish n it up and if they are from the phillipines call center you are pretty much pissing in the wind, they are contracted and they really don't care if they know dish products or not.. but you have to qualify for the dish n it up offer first, and you can view another thread on (experience with dish n it up) or something, i posted the main reasons why people don't qualify

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts