? For those getting Stars and Stripes

larryk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Is it true that after four years you no longer get the monthly free movie certificate any longer. I had used "chat" to ask Dish why mine has stopped, and their reply was that it ends after four years. I can find nothing on their web site that states anything other than you get one per month.

Do you mean the deal when you sign up for serving in the military and you get the free Stars and Stripes package along with the free PPV movie certificate? Or is it something else?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is it true that after four years you no longer get the monthly free movie certificate any longer. I had used "chat" to ask Dish why mine has stopped, and their reply was that it ends after four years. I can find nothing on their web site that states anything other than you get one per month.
It should be for a long as you have Dish. We're you recently on Pause, or was the service disconnected?

If so, they may just need to re-add it.

So, does anyone on this free package for vets, still have the one free movie certificate per month after 4 years?

So, does anyone on this free package for vets, still have the one free movie certificate per month after 4 years?
I can't speak for the package for vets, but Dish has a similar offer for teachers - but instead of the stars and stripes package, it is free Heartland package added. I know someone who signed up for the teacher deal a little over 2 years ago, and the way you read it on the Dish page is it sounds like Heartland Package is free as long as you keep your account active, but the fine print says that it is only good for 1 year then rolls off the account.

The reason I mention this is the teacher deal also comes with the free PPV per month, and my friend who is a teacher no longer receives the free PPV. He didn't remember exactly when he stopped receiving it, but it seems to be limit to how long it goes. He didn't opt to keep the Heartland package, and I don't know if the PPV would have continued if he had the Heartland package.

Yesterday I called Dish about this, and they stated that I should be getting them, and re added the package, and I immediately got the "Thanks for your service" email with a cert. number for a movie. So, hopefully I'll get the next one next month.
Thank you for this update. I wonder if the teacher deal has the same thing - I am going to tell my friend to call in (if he is interested) to see if he starts receiving the PPV movie again each month.