need help installing a dp-34 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

folknerk9

Original poster
May 27, 2008
I am new to this forum and hope i am posting in right place. I need some help, I have dish network and trying to add an additional room myself without paying for installion. Through reserch I have come up with the following equipment i think i need. I currently have a dish 1000 with a dp plus dual lnb and a single lnb to sat 91 i think. my house setup is a dishnet hd box in my living room and a dvr box in one bedroom that splits and runs my other bedroom. i have purchased a dp pro quad lnb and a dp-34 switch to add the other room. i have hooked the new quad up and ran cable from the 119 and attached to sat in #1 on the switch and 110 to #2 and the single lnb to #3. i then hooked my hd reciever into reciever #1 slot and the bedroom to #2 and new bedroom to #3. here is problem when i turn on i have picture for a few seconds then i lose my signal with no sat strength. any sugestions would be appreciated.

No, you are not posting in the correct place. The folks in the Dish Network forum will be able to answer this. This thread will likely be movced into DISH Network technical discussions forum soon.

If you have a Dual Tuner DVR/Reciever (runs 2 TV's) and you are installing a DP 34 Switch, you need to run 2 direct feeds into the DVR from the switch. Run a check switch (Menu 6 1 1) and everything will work fine, as long as you have left your TV2 feed alone. Single tuner recievers, only need one line coming in from the switch to the back of the reciever. If you've hooked up the 34 switch correctly, just run your check switches, download the program guide (does automatically after you are done with the check switch and cancel out of the menu) you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps

He means 61.5 I bet. Using a DPP44 switch would be much better. If both your existing receivers now are dual tuner you would need another dp34 as each needs 2 lines.

considering the receiver models weren't listed, I wouldnt be so sure.

As noted above, the receiver models would be of great help :)

You could be right Iceberg.

Folk, we need to know what receivers you are using to help you any further on your issues.

Different receivers may dictate different equipement can be used.

no this is the right place to post but as noted above, some receivers have a different setup from the switch to receiver

Your using DishPro Plus lnb's with a DishPro 34 switch this is the problem you need a DishPro Plus 44.

91 is Bell Canada's satellite which won't work with a dishnet subscription receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)