Need Help Installing HD Service!!!

NateGalloway

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I recently bought an HDTV for a room in my home. In the past I had an HD box (VIP222) in an adjacent room servicing that room and sending signal to another TV in the room I bought my new TV for. Now the TV in the adjacent room has been removed and I have moved the box into the room with my new TV but it won't receive a signal. I called the help line and they said that the outlet in that room had been setup to receive signal from the main outlet in the adjacent room and that it needed to be reconfigured. I really don't want to pay to have someone come out here and do something I can do myself. If anyone is familiar with this problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Sounds like you were previously backfeeding the signal to your new TV, and now you want to direct connect it to the dish. You'll need to somehow get the coax from the dish to the room where the receiver is since the backfeed from the box no longer exists (you removed the box).

Assuming a dedicated cable was used from the original receiver location to the 2nd TV locations then you can put a barrel connector on the cable that was coming into the receiver and send it on to the new location.

If not, then there was probably a diplexer in place. If so, then go to the point of entry outside and swap the cables . . . combined to tv and vice versa.

Not sure I have explained it well enough, but it does depend on how the system was wired originally. More info will help. :)

If you have diplexers installed, you will need to find the outside diplexer and place the wire that was serving where the 222 originally was and put that on the VHF/UHF side of the diplexer. The wire serving where the receiver is currently will need to be hooked to the side of the diplexer that looks like the INPUT side of a splitter.

Superdish repoint kit

SEC football, Raycom, Atlanta market....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)