Need help - Lost my Intertional Channel (no longer being sold a-la-carte)

dish_dtv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
I made my biggest mistake today chatting with Dish Loyalty via web to complain about Cricket World cup 2011 pricing (free for new customers w/vonage, $129 for existing) and agent offered to offset cost of my ordering the Cricket World Cup package by offering $5 per month off for 6 months.

2 hours later, I lost my international a-la-carte channel SUNTV $19.99 , Locals $9.99. Instead, my account now has America's top 120 added. Multiple calls to re-instate Sun-Tv a-la-carte are falling on deaf ears (I tried calling even the Exec Resolution Team, no luck there either).

I regret trying to have anyone look at my account, and to have lost my international a-la-carte channel for good, unless I agree to upgrade to a $29.99 pack ($10/month extra).

Any help/suggestions are welcome!

Same thing happened to me. I had DW-TV ala carte for $9.99/mo. I called in about something else in December and they dumped my DWTV and they were unable to add it back unless I subscribed to a more expensive German Package.

Sounds like DISH is trying to get it's average customer revenue up this year. No more just locals pack, you have to have the $14.99 welcome pack. International subs try to change something in their programming and get bumped up to the higher pack and no way to return back to older programming. Things that make you go HHHHHMMMMMM...............

Is there really no way to get back our grandfathered International channels? I requested the Starz promotion, and the CSR didn't mention at all that I could possibly lose the channel I had. They just changed it on me, and when I later noticed and asked for it back, they said it couldn't be done. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts