Need Help on Choice--Please

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
First, I went to Sears and their VOOM display was on 480p -- all the HD channels they were showing looked like SD. They had no OTA hooked up and they had no idea what kind of menus VOOM has.

My questions are as follows (I currently have E* and an 811):

A) How well does the OTA digital tuner work in the VOOM receiver?

B) Does the VOOM receiver have menus for adjustments simular to the 811?

C) Does VOOM rcvr have aspect controls on SD?

D) Anyone know when VOOM will be offering SciFi?

E) If you get the rental agreement is the install free? No one at Sears could answer that.

F) What I saw at Sears said that for $39.90 a month you got all the VOOM only HD channels, all of their SD product, ESPN-HD, DiscoverHD, HDNET and the choice of one movie package with their East & West coast HD feeds. Is this what is really being offered?

H) Any chance VOOM would be offering a package like E*'s Superstation packages. I do like my Superstations.

Hey, I know that there might not be answers to everything I asked here but I believe that one of you who have been using VOOM for awhile might be able to answer most. Thanks in advance for any info you might be willing to share. :)

As usual, wrong info being given from Sears. V* presently does not have HDNET. May have it sometime in the future. No commitment from them on this though. Also, the 39.90 package does not include any of the premium movie(plus pack) channels. These are still being given for free for "charter" members. Choice of one only. For how long, who knows. You should go to the V* website to get the correct info on what is being offered.

My questions are as follows (I currently have E* and an 811):

A) How well does the OTA digital tuner work in the VOOM receiver?

Very well as long as you can receive your OTA within your area. The PG information for OTA is integrated so it is "feels" like the OTA channel comes from Satellite.

B) Does the VOOM receiver have menus for adjustments simular to the 811?

If you mean stretching the picture: Yes/No. Two settings strectch or unstretch. That's it.

C) Does VOOM rcvr have aspect controls on SD?

Not sure what you mean. See B)

D) Anyone know when VOOM will be offering SciFi?

Not very clear right now. But VOOM knows that people want this channel.

E) If you get the rental agreement is the install free? No one at Sears could answer that.

Yes as long as you order before 5/31

F) What I saw at Sears said that for $39.90 a month you got all the VOOM only HD channels, all of their SD product, ESPN-HD, DiscoverHD, HDNET and the choice of one movie package with their East & West coast HD feeds. Is this what is really being offered?

No. 21 Exclusive Channels, All SD Channels, Discovery HD, NFL HD, Bravo-HD+ and ESPN-HD.

H) Any chance VOOM would be offering a package like E*'s Superstation packages. I do like my Superstations.

Not at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts