Need help on VOOM decesion

Vindicis

Dec 21, 2005
I was just reading on Dish's site I might be eligible to receive CBS in HD so I called tech support to find out. I was told I am indeed able to get the channel if they install a 2nd dish pointing at 61.5 (this would also open up the VOOM HD lineup they said). The cost is $100 for the install which sounds fair to me. I currently have an 811 and a 625 DVR, along with a junk 311 on an old TV. If I want to upgrade now (hint: Super Bowl in HD) will I be ready for the new MPEG4 channels (with a 211 upgrade of course)? I don't want to pay them to come out and setup the VOOM dish to point at the 61.5 bird now and incur a second charge when they have to make a second trip in February and re-align to where ever the MPEG4 bird is located. The tech support rep couldn't tell me as he said he wasn’t sure where the MPEG4 bird is. He advised I wait and take care of it all at once in February (no super bowl in HD though). Can any offer any insight as to whether or not I'll need a re-alignment for MPEG4 later?

That's great to hear gbjbany, thanks for clearing that up. Of course it's not as exciting now that I know the superbowl isn't even on CBS.

Just to clarify, if I wait to get the upgrade for MPEG-4 in Feb, will the Dish 1000 do it all or will I stll need that second dish? I am trying to get away with only 1 dish as we have ours mounted on a pole and there are some trees in the way if we go further down on the pole. Don't mean to highjack the post.

depends where you live. The dish1000 picks up 110/119/129 but not the whole country can receive 129 as it is low in the sky for east coast, 61.5 is low on west coast. But if you can see 129 the dish1000 will do it all yes.

There is one other consideration that i beleive is being resolved at the same time. That is CBS-HD west is on 148, hwoever i beleive this is will be available on 129 too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)