Need Help Please

BarbaraW

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
N. Grosvenordale. CT
I posted this in technical questions but wanted to post it here too.

I have never posted here and I could use some help. 4 years ago this May, I got rid of Dish. I had NO signal on 110 but great signal on 119. After several calls to Dish ( who did nothing by the way) I was told it was because a tree probably grew in the way/ the leaves were out. When it rained 110 came in a little for a few minutes. thought it was because the rain moved the leaves. Long story short no satisfaction from Dish. Went with Charter Cable. Now 4 years later, after missing Dish,( and paying $35 a month for DVR sevice on two dvrs) I want to go back. Could it be this drift I am reading about? Will I be able to get the signal? Would leaves on a (1) tree be enough to block one signal and not the other? Finally should I wait until May to make sure the trees are in full leaf before I call Dish? Thanks for all the help I am sure to get. BarbaraW

Sounds like you had a bad lnb. Was there a tree just left of the dish? If not your fine. Any decent installer can tell you right away if you can get signal or not. Signup and have the installer do the work for you. The dishes may be different now depending on what programming you need. The tech is the best person to tell you when he/she shows up.

Probably just poor initial placement of your original.

And,

YES, you should wait until the leaves come on the trees so there is no question about reception! Spring is the time when a large portion of the service calls are resolved by moving the dish due to leaves. There are many guys out there who will put it in shooting through the branches and you will start the cycle of dish service calls if you don't wait. No installer can put it in and get signal through the leaves, so please wait.

I hope this saves you some heartache!

Well I had Dish installed today. Totally new installation as the guy said the old install was crap. Barely had a line of sight. The other guy aimed the dish right through the trees instead of siting it properly. He moved my dish and put it up on a tripod on my roof so as to clear all present and future trees. Looks a little strange but no worse than an antenna on the roof. I do have the 24 month commitment which for me is no problem, 625 DVR, HBO, Showtime, locals, Cinemax for a penny due to cc autopay and no dvr fees at all. All for $80 plus tax a month which is about $40 to $50 less than cable with 2 dvr's that had only 100 hrs of recording time between them. I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts