Need help programming 622 TV1 remote

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Howdy, all! I had always thought I have ordinary intelligence, but this one completely escapes me...!

I am trying to program my 622's TV1 remote to control my Sony "Dream" (model DAV-FX80) DVD/surround sound system as the AUX equipment on that remote. This will supposedly allow me to choose that unit as the default for control of the volume vs. the TV. I have successfully programmed the remote to control the TV, but absolutely no code that I can find/program will control the Dream system. I realize that depending on the code series in use and which button I'm trying to assign that equipment to, a "1" or "2" prefix might be needed. Is the Dream a DVD or "receiver/amp" ?? Should I be programming it on the AUX function, or on the VCR function, as it seems all other DVDs are supposed to be on? I also tried the "autoscan" method, but that has me pressing the up arrow button more times than my CTS-disabled hands can tolerate.

What am I missing? Have any of you successfully programmed the remote for a Dream system with a code in the listings, and if so, which one? If you suceeded using the autoscan method, would you please determine what code you have stored and report back?

TIA...

The default remote code for all sony devices is " 0 0 0 ", as for what your device ultimately is you will need to contact sony and talk with them about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts